Books Download Cautionary Tales for Children Online Free

Books Download Cautionary Tales for Children  Online Free
Cautionary Tales for Children Hardcover | Pages: 72 pages
Rating: 4.2 | 5276 Users | 180 Reviews

Define Regarding Books Cautionary Tales for Children

Title:Cautionary Tales for Children
Author:Hilaire Belloc
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 72 pages
Published:December 1st 2002 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (first published 1907)
Categories:Poetry. Fiction. Humor. Childrens. Classics. Picture Books

Commentary In Pursuance Of Books Cautionary Tales for Children

For readers of any age, a witty and strikingly irreverent collection of moral guidance Most notable among prolific English satirist Hilaire Belloc's writings are the sharp and clever admonishments he composed for children. Collected here and illustrated to wonderful haunting effect by Edward Gorey, these short, funny pieces offer moral instruction for all types of mischief makers—from a certain young Jim, "who ran away from his nurse and was eaten by a lion," to the tale of Matilda, "who told lies and was burned to death”—and add up to a delightful read for any fan of Roald Dahl or Shel Silverstein. 

Present Books During Cautionary Tales for Children

Original Title: Cautionary Tales for Children
ISBN: 0151007152 (ISBN13: 9780151007158)
Edition Language: English
Setting: United Kingdom

Rating Regarding Books Cautionary Tales for Children
Ratings: 4.2 From 5276 Users | 180 Reviews

Commentary Regarding Books Cautionary Tales for Children
Dated but cuteEvil side of me would love to give these to kids ad scare the living bejesus out of them for doing the actions mentions I know thats not what a nice auntie would do

Some striking art of scary hands and good rhyming. Well written but not very memorable.

After reading the review of my GR friend Orinoco Womble, I downloaded this little freebie and read it today. There were no illustrations in my copy and the little verses but amusing, but pretty gruesome and certainly not suitable for children!

This book lives at my grandparents house. I remember always asking my Grandpa to read it to me whenever I stayed over night. The tales were fun and for a child my age (5-7?), they were believable and frightening in a silly/fun way. I know my grandpa enjoyed reading these to me as much as I enjoyed listening to them, this will always be a childhood book I will remember, with fond memories of staying round my grandparents at such a young age. Its one of those memories where you remember what

Inventive and a good read! Loved the book all in all. Maybe not everyones cup of tea, but I appreciate the inventive literature! Well done! :)

I read this before breakfast and laughed my head off.

What a delightful book! I have to admit, "Matilda," the first poem of Belloc's I ever read, is still my personal favourite, but the rest of this collection did not fail. I love all the illustrations as well. I can't wait to teach this in my classroom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog