Books Download Free Miracles Online
Mention Books Toward Miracles
| Original Title: | Miracles: A Preliminary Study |
| ISBN: | 0006280943 (ISBN13: 9780006280941) |
| Edition Language: | English |

C.S. Lewis
Paperback | Pages: 294 pages Rating: 4.08 | 14053 Users | 607 Reviews
Particularize Containing Books Miracles
| Title | : | Miracles |
| Author | : | C.S. Lewis |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 294 pages |
| Published | : | February 4th 2002 (first published 1947) |
| Categories | : | Christian. Religion. Theology. Nonfiction |
Narration In Favor Of Books Miracles
Most people here on Goodreads will have had the experience of meeting an intelligent, witty, well-informed person who holds views that you absolutely do not agree with, but who defends them with imagination and force. This can often lead to extraordinarily enjoyable discussions, even if, at the end, your beliefs (at least, the ones you are aware of) have not been changed at all. Well, reading Miracles was rather like that for me, which is why I'm prepared to give it three stars. Lewis presents a defence of miracles which is imaginative and passionate; I think it's completely wrong, but I enjoyed watching him argue the case and mentally arguing back at each step. I'm just sorry we couldn't meet in person. The rest of this review is available elsewhere (the location cannot be given for Goodreads policy reasons)Rating Containing Books Miracles
Ratings: 4.08 From 14053 Users | 607 ReviewsArticle Containing Books Miracles
I am trying to read through Lewis's Canon which is extremely fluid in places, not quite as canonized as Shakespeare. This book is pure Lewis. He takes a subject and logically works his way through it. We do not always understand what he is saying but he says it so well we do not care.I always feel sad while reading Lewis that he is dead and not sitting across from me at the Bird and the Baby.My inveterate hatred of magazines began during my sophomore year of college. I was at a friend's apartment, waiting for him to get out of the shower, when I noticed a TIME magazine on his coffee table. It had a big picture of Jesus on it, with the headline "What Do We Really Know About Jesus?"At the time I was an atheist or, more accurately, an agnostic. But I'd spent quite a bit of time in class that year reading and discussing significant portions of the Old and New Testaments, as well as
Defeatism strikes again!Another one given up on. Life's too short....2* based on what I managed to read. I don't think this has aged well.

"Miracle" has become a dirty word in modern society. People generally view miracles as being, by their very definition, things that cannot possibly occur; therefore, anyone who argues for their existence is demonstrably an idiot. In this book, though, Lewis argues that miracles are only impossible so long as people consider Nature to encompass the entirety of all existence. He then capably demonstrates that Nature actually doesn't, thereby opening up an extensive range of fascinating
I hate to say that this was not my favorite C.S. Lewis book so far. Without a class discussion, Im not sure I could have waded through half of the arguments Lewis brings up. It was intended for those who are skeptical of miracles, and that subject was definitely one that I have wondered about. I am a Latter-day Saint, and I believe in miracles. But I have always been under the impression that God would use natural laws to govern those miracles, and they are miraculous because we do not
One of the most mocked aspects of the Christian faith is the existence of miracles. In fact, the very heart of the Christian faith is based on a miracle. How can one believe in Christianity unless one believes in miracles, or at least is willing to allow for their existence? The simple answer, according to C. S. Lewis, is that they can't. In his book, Miracles, Lewis defended the logic of believing in such supernatural events. In a fashion that those who have read his other Apologetics works
I must say that I have been trying to read this book for a long time but somehow I kept on strolling through the chapters with slight interest. Eventually one day I took this book with me while I had a visit and started reading with more interest and I finally understood that it was worth the read.I was reading where he describes the incarnation of Christ and the book had all my attention. The content is very interesting and I highly recommend it.

Comments
Post a Comment