Books Download Online The Compass Rose (One Rose Trilogy #1) Free

Describe Books In Favor Of The Compass Rose (One Rose Trilogy #1)

Original Title: The Compass Rose (One Rose Trilogy, Book 1)
ISBN: 0373802161 (ISBN13: 9780373802166)
Edition Language: English
Series: One Rose Trilogy #1
Books Download Online The Compass Rose (One Rose Trilogy #1) Free
The Compass Rose (One Rose Trilogy #1) Paperback | Pages: 458 pages
Rating: 3.71 | 1064 Users | 58 Reviews

Particularize Based On Books The Compass Rose (One Rose Trilogy #1)

Title:The Compass Rose (One Rose Trilogy #1)
Author:Gail Dayton
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 458 pages
Published:February 15th 2005 by Luna
Categories:Fantasy. Romance. Fiction. Fantasy Romance. High Fantasy. Science Fiction Fantasy

Commentary Supposing Books The Compass Rose (One Rose Trilogy #1)

The legends of the Godstruck were just that -- legends. Until, in an attempt to defend her people, Captain Kallista Varyl called on the One for aid and was granted abilities such as no one had seen in centuries. Now Kallista has been charged with a new destiny as one of the most powerful women in the land -- but her power is useless if it cannot be controlled. Mastering her "Godstruck" abilities is the first step. The next, learning that she cannot unlock the secrets of the Compass Rose and defeat her nation's enemy alone. And finally she must stop a demon-possessed king . . .

Rating Based On Books The Compass Rose (One Rose Trilogy #1)
Ratings: 3.71 From 1064 Users | 58 Reviews

Criticism Based On Books The Compass Rose (One Rose Trilogy #1)
When I picked up this book, I expected my stereo-typical fantasy-genre romance. What I got was a pile of love yarn disguised as a book. In the beginning the plot is clear cut and to the point, but eventually unravels for the sake of erotica. There were many times throughout the book that I had no clear understanding as to what I was reading and others where I couldn't remember why the characters were in their current setting. However, in terms of setting, I think Dayton gave an interesting

I was enthralled with this book from the first chapter, and read through it in barely two days. The characters, the world-building, and the relationships they build were riveting. Kallista is a practitioner of magic which she uses to defend her mainly matriarchal kingdom as part of the army. When defending against an invading army she calls upon a divine power to aid her and becomes Godstruck, chosen for a greater purpose. From there we have wandering ghosts, a matriarchal society, a power most

Maybe it is because of my years in the theatre world, but I love a good ensemble. Kallista may have begun as the heroine, but part of the theme of the book is sharing. Mostly this one was just a fun read. A friend saw it and read the back and thought it sounded like one I would like. Dayton creates an intriguing magical universe that at times can be complicated but is quite elegant and unique. There is a little bit of battle, friendship, love, family, sex and of course saving the world. An

An interesting introduction to the complex society that governs the country of Adara which has a military system that includes women in positions of power and wielders of magic called naitans along with their respective bodyguards challenged by other countries such as Tibre which disdains magic use in favor of mechanical and scientific methods and consider women to be incapable of holding positions of authority. Various denizens of each country discover that they have to shed their preconceived

Nice try, but de-evolves into magic orgies.

Though published by Luna Books, the sci-fi/fantasy arm of Harlequin, this book seems to have little in common with her romance novel sisters. There is romantic tension but very little in the way of actual sex. While I did come to this book hoping for a tawdry fantasy novel, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it, lack of sex notwithstanding. Dayton's world-building was wonderful -- even though a map and glossary was included, her narrative was thorough enough I did not need to refer

high 2s.INSUFFICIENT WORLD BUILDING: an interesting world, but superficially so. the author's lack of detail made this feel like a promising cartoon sketch rather than a rich, vibrant, layered, i don't know, oil painting, let's say. for example, i got the feeling that she didn't KNOW what her protagonists did day in and day out and what it would have meant to survive in the world she was trying to fashion. certain things were too vague or too deus ex machina-y for comfort. for example, before a

Comments

Popular posts from this blog