Books Free Girls I've Run Away With Download

Identify Books Conducive To Girls I've Run Away With

ISBN: 0989439607 (ISBN13: 9780989439602)
Edition Language: English
Books Free Girls I've Run Away With  Download
Girls I've Run Away With Paperback | Pages: 263 pages
Rating: 3.93 | 114 Users | 18 Reviews

Particularize Based On Books Girls I've Run Away With

Title:Girls I've Run Away With
Author:Rhiannon Argo
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 263 pages
Published:September 1st 2013 by Moonshine Press
Categories:LGBT. GLBT. Queer. Fiction. Young Adult. Lesbian. Gay. Queer Lit

Representaion To Books Girls I've Run Away With

Girls I've Run Away With is a story of first love between a rascally tomboy skater-girl and her wild-dreamer of a best friend, and what happens when the entire world tries to keep them apart.

“Rhiannon Argo captures the tough reality of queer teens with such playful sweetness you almost forget to worry about them as they take off on a string of outlandish, take-no-prisoners attempts to save themselves from a world of cruddy grown-ups hell-bent on killing beauty and love. I couldn't put this book down!” --Michelle Tea, author of Mermaid in Chelsea Creek

Rating Based On Books Girls I've Run Away With
Ratings: 3.93 From 114 Users | 18 Reviews

Discuss Based On Books Girls I've Run Away With
I LOVED this book. I was totally hooked from the beginning and couldn't put it down. I read it in two short sittings.I can relate to Lo because she went through a period of such deep denial that she had meaningless sex with boys, even though it was only the touch of a girl that could light her soul on fire. Been there, done that.I also loved the grungy 90s world because that's the era I grew up in, too, albeit I was slightly younger.Girls I've Run Away With gives me Kerouac-esque vibes and Lo is

Trigger warnings: sexual assault, conversion therapy, drugs, psychiatric hospital, suicide, single parent families, running away, coming out, repressing sexual identityLos story really tugged at my heart. Many LGBTQ+ teens struggle with their identities, especially when they are in unsupportive families. I dont know what to share without spoiling the story but Lo lived through a lot of really difficult things. It is important that the average, privileged person hears stories like this.

this is a really sweet, popcorn read. i liked the characters and liked the music and pop culture references to set it in a certain time without explicitly mentioning it. i did feel like i was always waiting for her mother and her sister to be fleshed out though, at the start of the book i thought you were only seeing this shallow image of them as a whole self-absorbed-teenager-as-narrator thing and that they would be explored as she grew up a bit, but it didn't really happen. you found out more

I wish I could have read this at age 15. Reading it now was a beautiful trip back to youth. Being so well written and readable at any age, this story sucked me in. I hate that I read this binge-style..

THIS WAS GREAT. The writing was really moreish and relatable and the story was sad and exciting and important. I felt a lot for Lo and all her abandonment/escapism stuff, attention focussed on other, more visibly disabled sibling, abusive/absent parent, religious abuse etc. On the minus side I imagined her looking like one of my assbag exes (the description of her was really like this ex and I tried really hard not to see her that way but it was too late by the time I noticed it) so that was a



This story could have been me in another life. If I was gayer and more brave, and had had truly fucked up, unsupportive parents. And if I wasn't so afraid of everything (thanks Mom). The story really got me and held on. At one point I had to remind myself this wasn't a memory of a life I lived in another dimension or déjà vu or some weird star trek parallel universe. For that it gets five stars. If I'm honest though the writing is clunky sometimes, and so mechanically it's more of a four star

Comments

Popular posts from this blog