Books Free Tiger Hills Download

Books Free Tiger Hills  Download
Tiger Hills Paperback | Pages: 593 pages
Rating: 3.86 | 1822 Users | 268 Reviews

Be Specific About Books Conducive To Tiger Hills

Original Title: Tiger Hills
ISBN: 0753827794 (ISBN13: 9780753827796)
Edition Language: English
Setting: Coorg(India)
Literary Awards: Man Asian Literary Prize Nominee (2010)

Interpretation Toward Books Tiger Hills

As the first girl to be born into the Nachimanda family in over thirty-five years, the beautiful Devi is the object of adoration of her entire family. Spirited and strong-willed, she befriends the shy Devanna, a young boy whose mother has died in tragic circumstances. Together they grow up amidst the luscious jungles, rolling hills, and coffee plantations of Coorg in Southern India; cocooned by an extended family whose roots to this beautiful land can be traced for centuries. Their futures seem inevitably linked, but everything changes when, one night, they attend a "tiger wedding." It is there that Devi gets her first glimpse of Machu, the celebrated tiger killer and a hunter of great repute. Although she is still a child and Machu is a man, Devi vows to marry him one day. It is this love that will gradually drive a wedge between Devi and Devanna, sowing the seed of a devastating tragedy that will change the fate of all three --- an event that has unforeseen and far-reaching consequences for generations to come.

Told in rich, lyrical prose and set against the background of a changing society, TIGER HILLS is a sweeping saga about one woman's determination to live life on her own terms --- and a riveting novel about the choices we make in the name of family, nation, and love.

List Containing Books Tiger Hills

Title:Tiger Hills
Author:Sarita Mandanna
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 593 pages
Published:January 6th 2011 by Orion Publishing Group (first published 2010)
Categories:Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction. Cultural. India. Romance

Rating Containing Books Tiger Hills
Ratings: 3.86 From 1822 Users | 268 Reviews

Criticize Containing Books Tiger Hills
My opinion of this book rose over time, from a just-barely-3-stars to a bit under four stars. Usually I like books with multi-generational scope, but there were some pivotal plot elements that I just couldn't believe.SPOILER ALERTI didn't believe that Devi would fall in love with an older man when she was, what, 14 years old without knowing him at all and that this love never waivered, not even when he had been dead decades. This does not pass the smell test.It's like nails on a chalkboard to me

I picked this book up because my mom is from Coorg and I was excited to read something that was set in the estates and hills I've spent summers in. At first I enjoyed reading all the little Kodava words and terms my mom uses at home but once Devi is raped, everything goes downhill. It kept me engaged for a while hoping her love story with Machu would somehow work out but once Machu died I really lost interest. It seemed like these plot twists weren't going to take an upswing at all. I stopped

If you enjoy historical, family sagas, then this book needs to be on your TBR list. It is a sweeping tale of love, hate, redemption and most importantly, forgiveness.There is such beauty to this book. From the opening, with its lush descriptions of herons, to the very last page, it envelops you in an exotic landscape full of wonder. And thats without even including the characters. But with this book, the land itself is another character, and a protagonist at that.Devi, Devanna and Machu, the

2.5 stars rounded upThis is quite a hefty tome with a lot going on. Some of the publicity describes it as A Suitable Boy meets The Thorn Birds meets Gone with the Wind. It spans the years1878 to 1936. It is set in the south Indian province of Coorg, in the Sahaydri Mountains. The author comes from this area and it is easy to see that as the landscape is the strongest character in the book. It is also a love triangle (that usually makes me run several miles in the opposite direction, but this is

Oh I LOVED this book SO much. Poignant and heartbreaking. A skilfully written, layered and intricate story.



I liked the title of the book and that made me curious to read what 'Tiger Hills' is about..This is Sarita's first book and I must say her writing style is really nice..description of coorg,the coffee plantations etc is amazing..However I thought the plot of the story and the characters could have been much more defined.Devi,the main character-I didnt like many of her traits..and that put me off,there were many instances where I felt like shaking her up and telling her to get over Machu..However

Comments

Popular posts from this blog