Books King's Property (Queen of the Orcs #1) Free Download

Books King's Property (Queen of the Orcs #1) Free Download
King's Property (Queen of the Orcs #1) Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 336 pages
Rating: 3.7 | 2533 Users | 157 Reviews

Identify Books To King's Property (Queen of the Orcs #1)

Original Title: King's Property (Queen of the Orcs, #1)
ISBN: 0345496507 (ISBN13: 9780345496508)
Edition Language: English
Series: Queen of the Orcs #1
Characters: Dar

Narration During Books King's Property (Queen of the Orcs #1)

Born into hardship, Dar learns to rely on herself alone. When her family betrays her, Dar is conscripted into King Kregant’s army and its brutal campaign to conquer a neighboring country. Now she is bound as a slave to a dreaded regiment of orcs, creatures legendary for their savagery and battle prowess.
Rather than cower, Dar rises to the challenge. She learns the unique culture and language of the orcs, survives treachery from both allies and enemies, and struggles to understand a mystical gift that brings her dark, prophetic visions. As the war escalates–amid nightmarish combat and shattering loss–Dar must seize a single chance at freedom.

Declare Appertaining To Books King's Property (Queen of the Orcs #1)

Title:King's Property (Queen of the Orcs #1)
Author:Morgan Howell
Book Format:Mass Market Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 336 pages
Published:July 31st 2007 by Del Rey (first published January 1st 2007)
Categories:Fantasy. Fiction. Magic. High Fantasy

Rating Appertaining To Books King's Property (Queen of the Orcs #1)
Ratings: 3.7 From 2533 Users | 157 Reviews

Discuss Appertaining To Books King's Property (Queen of the Orcs #1)
This book kept me up way past my bedtime on a regular basis. I haven't immersed myself so completely in a story in a long time, nor have I so readily dove into a sequel. Morgan Howell makes beautiful use of language and culture in this story, and forces the reader to re-think many of their common conceptions about the genre.It does have a slight "Lifetime Movie" feel ("Men are terrible and will hurt you"), but it's totally worth it, and the theme doesn't appear to continue throughout the series.

I took this book with me on a trip to the UP for something to read at the cabin. Having already read 'A Woman Worth Ten Coppers', I was surprised and pleased when I discovered that this book happened in the same universe as the other book. Like the other book, this one is very gritty when it comes to men abusing women. There are no explicit scenes, but plenty is implied, and it's a bit dispiriting to think of what it would be like to be a woman in that world, this is still a very good novel. As

Good story!!

Dar is a young peasant woman who is drafted into service as a cook and servant for the army of King Kregent. She is told that she must serve the Orc Regiment, since for unknown reasons, orcs refuse to be served by men, and only accept food from the hands of women. Dar is terrified by the orcs at first (naturally), but she has spirit and refuses to let it be broken by orcs or men. She decides to risk her very life in an attempt to forge a kind of alliance with the orcs, and learns all that she

King's Property is the first in a series of three books by Morgan Howell. Set in a somewhat generic fantasy setting, the trilogy centers on the character of Dar, a resourceful (human) peasant woman who is conscripted into the king's army to serve in a orcish regiment.I read this novel as I have been floating for a couple years now the idea of writing something similar, a sort of reinterpretation of the idea of orcs, which coincidentally also had a human woman as the main character (fantasy

I'm only on page thirty-seven of this one and already my jaw is clenched with RAGE. The brutality against women from nearly the first page raised my eyebrows, and as I read further the incredulity turned to red-eyed rage. At this point (page 37, mind you) I would love to cheerfully take and an axe and help the "heroine" have-at everyone in range, male, female and orc.I don't wear rose colored glasses about real life. I don't mind grim, brutal, or even horrific events in my reading, but IN MY

Got this as a Kindle freebie and finally decided to check it out. I've had a few bad experiences with the freebies, but this was not one of them. The story is about a woman -- Dar -- taken into the army as a serving wench. The brutality can be disturbing at times, although there is a constant thread of hope with Dar's strength and subsequent triumphs -- small victories, but inspiring nonetheless.This is a fantasy story, of course, and I've had some problems lately with the bleakness of most

Comments

Popular posts from this blog