Books Online Free Last Human (Red Dwarf #3) Download
Last Human (Red Dwarf #3) 
42 WORD REVIEW:A competent SF novel that broadens the Red Dwarf canvas but relies a little too much on prior knowledge of the show (while at the same time rehashing chunks of televised stories; these are the books weakest parts). Funny, but somewhat scattershot.
The better story of the two follow ups to Better than Life but not as funny as the first half of Backwards or as funny as the first book. So I dunno. Probably more 3.5 stars.

This book is for those that have read the previous two novels or familiar with the characters from the TV show. All others will be totally lost.It feels a little rushed and the author crow-bars in scenes from the TV series which I don't think where necessary and felt like padding to beef-up the book.All in all I enjoyed it, even if the plot and characters are dealt with superficially. I would have liked a bit more astronomy and astrophysics.
Bloody rubbish. From reading this and then reading "Backwards" by Rob Grant you can see who teh talent really was out of teh two of them. It's a shame that it was Doug Naylor who kept on writing the show, one can only imagine how good Red Dwarf could have been had Rob Grant stuck around.
I'm a big fan of the show, so I was able to imagine the characters' looks, voices, accents and mannerisms. I can't tell if the made the book better or worse. Maybe it raised my expectations too high. Or maybe it gave the jokes that little bit of extra humour they needed. Either way, I'm glad to be done with the book. The ending was trite, Cat seemed to be a boring cameo (despite being such an entertaining character in the show) and at least a quarter of the book could have been edited out by
Not as good as the previous two books in the series. The characters don't seem as fleshed out in this book, as if the author doesn't know them very well. In fact, at one stage it was written 'said Rimmer' when it was clearly something the Cat was saying. Just a typo but it sums up the feeling I got throughout the book. It wasn't bad, just not as good as I was hoping for after the first two books.
Doug Naylor
Paperback | Pages: 310 pages Rating: 3.86 | 7613 Users | 100 Reviews

Declare Books As Last Human (Red Dwarf #3)
| Original Title: | Last Human |
| ISBN: | 0140143882 (ISBN13: 9780140143881) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Red Dwarf #3 |
Relation Concering Books Last Human (Red Dwarf #3)
Lister gazed out of the porthole and catalogue the series of disasters that had led him to this point in space and time: the bad decisions, the poor career choices, the unreliable friendships that had led him here - on a prison ship bound for the most inhospitable penal colony in the outer cosmos... and all he'd ever wanted was to be a soft metal guitar icon. This is the beginning of the third and eagerly awaited red dwarf novel where Lister starts out by searching for his Doppelganger and ends up having the future of the human race on his shoulders.Present Epithetical Books Last Human (Red Dwarf #3)
| Title | : | Last Human (Red Dwarf #3) |
| Author | : | Doug Naylor |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 310 pages |
| Published | : | 1995 by Penguin |
| Categories | : | Science Fiction. Fiction. Humor. Comedy |
Rating Epithetical Books Last Human (Red Dwarf #3)
Ratings: 3.86 From 7613 Users | 100 ReviewsCommentary Epithetical Books Last Human (Red Dwarf #3)
Even less good than Backwards.42 WORD REVIEW:A competent SF novel that broadens the Red Dwarf canvas but relies a little too much on prior knowledge of the show (while at the same time rehashing chunks of televised stories; these are the books weakest parts). Funny, but somewhat scattershot.
The better story of the two follow ups to Better than Life but not as funny as the first half of Backwards or as funny as the first book. So I dunno. Probably more 3.5 stars.

This book is for those that have read the previous two novels or familiar with the characters from the TV show. All others will be totally lost.It feels a little rushed and the author crow-bars in scenes from the TV series which I don't think where necessary and felt like padding to beef-up the book.All in all I enjoyed it, even if the plot and characters are dealt with superficially. I would have liked a bit more astronomy and astrophysics.
Bloody rubbish. From reading this and then reading "Backwards" by Rob Grant you can see who teh talent really was out of teh two of them. It's a shame that it was Doug Naylor who kept on writing the show, one can only imagine how good Red Dwarf could have been had Rob Grant stuck around.
I'm a big fan of the show, so I was able to imagine the characters' looks, voices, accents and mannerisms. I can't tell if the made the book better or worse. Maybe it raised my expectations too high. Or maybe it gave the jokes that little bit of extra humour they needed. Either way, I'm glad to be done with the book. The ending was trite, Cat seemed to be a boring cameo (despite being such an entertaining character in the show) and at least a quarter of the book could have been edited out by
Not as good as the previous two books in the series. The characters don't seem as fleshed out in this book, as if the author doesn't know them very well. In fact, at one stage it was written 'said Rimmer' when it was clearly something the Cat was saying. Just a typo but it sums up the feeling I got throughout the book. It wasn't bad, just not as good as I was hoping for after the first two books.

Comments
Post a Comment