Books Online Things That Are (Things #3) Download Free
Declare Containing Books Things That Are (Things #3)
| Title | : | Things That Are (Things #3) |
| Author | : | Andrew Clements |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 167 pages |
| Published | : | September 18th 2008 by Philomel Books |
| Categories | : | Young Adult. Science Fiction. Fiction. Realistic Fiction |

Andrew Clements
Hardcover | Pages: 167 pages Rating: 3.77 | 1721 Users | 172 Reviews
Relation In Pursuance Of Books Things That Are (Things #3)
Alicia may be blind, but that doesn't mean she can't see what is happening right in front of her eyes. Like how her parents try to give her freedom. Or how Bobby now Robert has returned to figure out their relationship. Or even the invisible man, William, and just how dangerous he is to Alicia, to Robert, to their whole family or so the police say. Or is Alicia wrong this time? If her normally sharp instincts are wrong, the results could be disastrous.From award-winning author Andrew Clements, here is a novel full of adventure, romance, and mystery, which at its heart is about trusting even things we know but cannot see.Particularize Books Supposing Things That Are (Things #3)
| Original Title: | Things That Are |
| ISBN: | 0399246916 (ISBN13: 9780399246913) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Things #3 |
Rating Containing Books Things That Are (Things #3)
Ratings: 3.77 From 1721 Users | 172 ReviewsCriticism Containing Books Things That Are (Things #3)
This was just, like not good. And maybe part of it is that it's part of a trilogy that I haven't read the first two books of. But it was a very weird Invisible Man-esque thing. And their wasn't much action. And for a YA that was published in 2008, it felt (and looked design-wise) like a early 90s YA.Because of this book, I took a trip inside the head of Alicia. Even more so than other books, I really, really felt like I was inside the head of the main character. For one thing, she is blind. Just as she couldn't see with her eyes, I couldn't tell anything about her world unless she told me about it. All of the action is just described by her, and she leaves details out at times, just like being blind might be an obstacle to getting the whole picture. And I haven't read the first two books of
Book 3 of the Things series by Andrew Clements. Middle school, girls and some boys. Told from the point of view of Alicia, a high school senior, who is blind and has a seeing eye dog.Alicia is blind; her not-quite-boyfriend Bobby spent some time being invisible. In a previous book, the kids figured out how to make him visible again but now they both have been accosted by William, a British man from Quebec who has suddenly become invisible and wants help. The FBI is after him, Bobby's parents are

Good thing this was a fast read, because I would never have finished it. I think Clements just fell flat on his face with this one. I realized that he was trying to do a metaphor surrounding 'seeing', connected with growing up, but it just didn't work for me. The plot of a HS girl having done blind, with a boy friend who one day had awakened to discover he was invisible, and two scientist dads who try to figure out why, and a mysterious stranger who is also invisible, and the FBI, and, and, and,
A lot of backtracking in the beginning, and a lot of repetition throughout. I listened to the audiobook as the local library had no text copy. This was fine, though it did make the necessary skimming (to skip the backtracking and repetition) a bit of a different chore, and perhaps leading to some gaps in my knowledge of the events of the book. I would skip the 3 or 4 minute tracks, finding that I could quickly figure out whether or not to skip again. I don't think I missed as much as I would if
This book was really good because the book was in Alicia's point of view (the first book was in Bobby's point of view), and it gave a lot of answers to the first book. It was also related to the first book, though, in the first book, there was a resolution. Even though there was a problem in the first book, that was the same problem in this book. There was a lot of action. I really liked this book.
A touching conclusion to Andrew Clement's Things trilogy. This time the perspective is from Alicia, Bobby's long time more than friend who has been there for him when most needed. This novel covers the struggles she has gone through since her blindness and her feelings about Bobby and growing up. I'm not sure that I loved the change up of Williams character from the last book to now but I do like the way everything came together in the end.

Comments
Post a Comment