Books Online Up in the Air Free Download

Present Books As Up in the Air

Original Title: Up in the Air
ISBN: 0385722370 (ISBN13: 9780385722377)
Edition Language: English
Books Online Up in the Air  Free Download
Up in the Air Paperback | Pages: 320 pages
Rating: 2.87 | 4603 Users | 678 Reviews

Details Out Of Books Up in the Air

Title:Up in the Air
Author:Walter Kirn
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 320 pages
Published:September 24th 2002 by Anchor (first published July 1st 2001)
Categories:Fiction. Travel. Contemporary. Business

Description During Books Up in the Air

Ryan Bingham’s job as a Career Transition Counselor—he fires people—has kept him airborne for years. Although he has come to despise his line of work, he has come to love the culture of what he calls “Airworld,” finding contentment within pressurized cabins, anonymous hotel rooms, and a wardrobe of wrinkle-free slacks. With a letter of resignation sitting on his boss’s desk, and the hope of a job with a mysterious consulting firm, Ryan Bingham is agonizingly close to his ultimate goal, his Holy Grail: one million frequent flier miles. But before he achieves this long-desired freedom, conditions begin to deteriorate.

With perception, wit, and wisdom, Up in the Air combines brilliant social observation with an acute sense of the psychic costs of our rootless existence, and confirms Walter Kirn as one of the most savvy chroniclers of American life.

Rating Out Of Books Up in the Air
Ratings: 2.87 From 4603 Users | 678 Reviews

Write Up Out Of Books Up in the Air
Saw Jason Reitman's film adaptation in the theater, which I rarely do (see films in the theater, that is... though oddly I've seen all of Reitman's films in the theater), and was intrigued enough by the premise (if not the film itself) to give the book a try.It's weird reading a book after you've seen the movie version of it. Our modern cinematic minds make it difficult for us to strip away all visual and aural context and experience the story in its pure narrative form. Kirn's book is pretty

Like most, I'm assuming, I have both read and watched the movie adaptation of this story. They are two incredibly different experiences, and I'm surprised to find that I prefer the visual interpretation of Kirn's novel than the actual text. That's not to say, however, that I didn't enjoy this book, although I must assert that it's not for everyone. It's so subtly satirical and has several moments of brilliance. The protagonist (Ryan Bingham/George Clooney) is such a bitter and inwardly wizened

The Ryan Bingham portrayed in the movie by our hero George Clooney--his confident, airy presence, his attractiveness, pursuits and un-ordinariness--are nothing like the Ryan Bingham in this book. The two seem to be completely separate people.The voice of this novel is a guy youve seen a hundred times, and never once noticed. Hes the guy who chats with you during your Minneapolis to Wichita flight, the guy you see at the hotel bar sitting by himself, talking to the bartender. Hes the guy eating

Since graduating from college in 1984, I have been working for 27 years. 8-5 M-F without letup except for the allowed vacation leaves. I rarely take sick leaves since I am a healthy person (except the knee sport-related injury two years ago). I spent all of these 27 years working in multinational companies and I left all the 3 earlier companies around the time of their acquisition by bigger companies. I was in those acquired companies so I knew how it felt to be told that my position was no

Given the amount of buzz the film version of this is generating, I was moved to read it again over the weekend. Sadly, its original 3-star rating didn't hold up - it's even more of a mess than I had remembered. And considerably less fun. Spending 300 pages inside the head of a main protagonist who is undergoing a mental breakdown, and who amounts to little more than a not very interesting caricature, is a dubious pleasure at best. Sure, Kirn gets in a few well-placed zingers at the weirdness

I hate flying. Its been a while since I traveled by air, the last time was when there were a bunch of little start up airlines that undercut each other for the cheapest fares. These were the airlines that would get you to your next destination, but wouldnt/couldnt tell you when exactly your return flight would be. Just call us when youre in Ho Chi Minh City, a few days before you leave. We should know by then. The plane, I believe, was an old converted army cargo plane. The inflight meal was

I hate flying. Its been a while since I traveled by air, the last time was when there were a bunch of little start up airlines that undercut each other for the cheapest fares. These were the airlines that would get you to your next destination, but wouldnt/couldnt tell you when exactly your return flight would be. Just call us when youre in Ho Chi Minh City, a few days before you leave. We should know by then. The plane, I believe, was an old converted army cargo plane. The inflight meal was

Comments

Popular posts from this blog