Download Books Don't Tell Mum I Work On The Rigs, She Thinks I'm A Piano Player In A Whorehouse For Free
Specify Books In Pursuance Of Don't Tell Mum I Work On The Rigs, She Thinks I'm A Piano Player In A Whorehouse
| Original Title: | Don't Tell Mum I Work on the Rigs, She Thinks I'm a Piano Player in a Whorehouse |
| ISBN: | 1857883764 (ISBN13: 9781857883763) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Paul Carter
Paperback | Pages: 205 pages Rating: 3.84 | 3060 Users | 334 Reviews
Chronicle Supposing Books Don't Tell Mum I Work On The Rigs, She Thinks I'm A Piano Player In A Whorehouse
Since age 18, Paul Carter has worked on oil rigs in locations as far flung as the Middle East, Columbia, the North Sea, Borneo, Tunisia, Sumatra, Vietnam, Nigeria, Russia, and many others — and he’s survived (so far!) to tell stories from the edge of civilization (places, as it happens, upon which most of our lives rely).Carter has been shot at, hijacked and held hostage, almost died of dysentery in Asia and toothache in Russia, watched a Texan lose his mind in the jungles of Asia, lost a lot of money backing a scorpion against a mouse in a fight to the death, and served cocktails by an orangutan on an ocean freighter.
Taking postings in some of the world’s wildest and most remote regions — not to mention some of the roughest rigs on the planet — Carter has worked and gotten into trouble with some of the maddest, baddest and strangest people you could ever hope not to meet.

Mention Out Of Books Don't Tell Mum I Work On The Rigs, She Thinks I'm A Piano Player In A Whorehouse
| Title | : | Don't Tell Mum I Work On The Rigs, She Thinks I'm A Piano Player In A Whorehouse |
| Author | : | Paul Carter |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 205 pages |
| Published | : | 2007 by Nicholas Brealey Publishing (first published August 1st 2005) |
| Categories | : | Nonfiction. Biography. Travel. Autobiography. Memoir. Humor. Audiobook. Biography Memoir |
Rating Out Of Books Don't Tell Mum I Work On The Rigs, She Thinks I'm A Piano Player In A Whorehouse
Ratings: 3.84 From 3060 Users | 334 ReviewsCrit Out Of Books Don't Tell Mum I Work On The Rigs, She Thinks I'm A Piano Player In A Whorehouse
A hilarious collection of stories you'd want to hear told in the pub. In fact reading it felt more like that than getting immersed in a book. Genuinely laugh out loud funny, I finished it in an afternoon. It's not subtle, cleverly written or a literary masterpiece. What it is though, is funny as fuck. You truly couldn't make up the stories he has to tell. Outrageous.I enjoyed it. I could relate to some of the stuff mentioned in the book.

A view from the other side: we're all trying to kick the oil habit, what about those who actually work in the industry? Slice of life tales, practically transcribed in a pub. (Not that that's a bad thing.)
A series of anecdotes, compulsively readable, very funny at times. The reader is just happy to learn about these faraway places and bizarre happenings from the safety of a book. All in all, many LOLs, and never a dull moment. Recommended.Other reviewers have remarked that 'the author has a lot of material but could've done more with it'. Well, yes and no. The point of the book is not to be a travelogue but rather a glimpse at the author's experiences in various places that most of us won't ever
Light-hearted reading. It was funny and quick. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Rated three stars because there are some truly great stories in here. Despite those vivid and/or horrifying moments, was actually not that interesting. If Paul carter had written a book about the oil industry and the people who work there instead of an autobiography, I think this would have been killer. His life stories actually seemed to get in the way - except for that awful one about his friend Craig which I will never in my whole life forget. Was dry retching along the m4 listening to it.

Comments
Post a Comment