Download Books The Far Side Gallery 3 (The Far Side Gallery Anthologies #3) For Free Online
The Far Side Gallery 3 (The Far Side Gallery Anthologies #3) 

Larson's work was subversive, maybe not in a poignantly political way, but more in a silly way, which is perfect when you are a young teen looking for something more edgy than Family Circus and Garfield.



I always enjoyed how he put a twist on old gags...

Back when Larson's work was current and I was a mildly rebellious teen, I wasn't looking to necessarily "stick it" to the 'rents, more like, thumb my nose at them. For example, Dad was big into outdoor sports, so Larson hit the target once more with his numerous strips centered upon the man vs. beast struggle.

Anything that poked fun at what they held so precious was gold to me. But those teen years last only so long, as does the comic value of Larson's work. One can still get a chuckle out of it now and again, but comedy has moved on. I think Larson could see the writing on the wall, and although I was sad when he retired and felt his quitting was premature, looking back on it now, I'd say the man went out on top.
A well written book. Enjoyed reading it.
I was a kid looking for my own identity. Whatever it was, it was going to be different than my parents' button-down world view. I wasn't a hellion, so I didn't feel I needed to go overboard. What better mentor than Gary Larson's slightly askew humor?!Larson's work was subversive, maybe not in a poignantly political way, but more in a silly way, which is perfect when you are a young teen looking for something more edgy than Family Circus and Garfield.I always enjoyed how he put a twist on old

I remember loving these as a youngin. They still made me laugh. What an imagination.
I "read" one - at least - of GL's books. Maybe it was this one. My favorite is the "Bummer of a birthmark, Hal" one...
From a Midvale Alumni4 January 2019 Adelaide Well, it seems as if I have now read all of the Far Side Galleries so I guess I can now move onto something a little more constructive maybe Garfield, Wizard of Id, or even Calvin and Hobbes. Well, I guess I do appreciate Calvin and Hobbes, namely because the main characters are named after theologian John Calvin and humanist philosopher Thomas Hobbes. Yet, despite that, it is still about a little kid and his imaginary pet tiger, and all they seem
500+ wacky, cracked, endearing cartoons and I laughed at every one of them. I cannot get enough of Gary Larsons genius.
Gary Larson
Paperback | Pages: 192 pages Rating: 4.45 | 24820 Users | 144 Reviews

Be Specific About Books During The Far Side Gallery 3 (The Far Side Gallery Anthologies #3)
| Original Title: | The Far Side Gallery 3 |
| ISBN: | 0836218310 (ISBN13: 9780836218312) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | The Far Side Gallery Anthologies #3 |
Relation As Books The Far Side Gallery 3 (The Far Side Gallery Anthologies #3)
I was a kid looking for my own identity. Whatever it was, it was going to be different than my parents' button-down world view. I wasn't a hellion, so I didn't feel I needed to go overboard. What better mentor than Gary Larson's slightly askew humor?!
Larson's work was subversive, maybe not in a poignantly political way, but more in a silly way, which is perfect when you are a young teen looking for something more edgy than Family Circus and Garfield.



I always enjoyed how he put a twist on old gags...

Back when Larson's work was current and I was a mildly rebellious teen, I wasn't looking to necessarily "stick it" to the 'rents, more like, thumb my nose at them. For example, Dad was big into outdoor sports, so Larson hit the target once more with his numerous strips centered upon the man vs. beast struggle.

Anything that poked fun at what they held so precious was gold to me. But those teen years last only so long, as does the comic value of Larson's work. One can still get a chuckle out of it now and again, but comedy has moved on. I think Larson could see the writing on the wall, and although I was sad when he retired and felt his quitting was premature, looking back on it now, I'd say the man went out on top.
Define About Books The Far Side Gallery 3 (The Far Side Gallery Anthologies #3)
| Title | : | The Far Side Gallery 3 (The Far Side Gallery Anthologies #3) |
| Author | : | Gary Larson |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 192 pages |
| Published | : | October 4th 1988 by Andrews McMeel Publishing (first published 1984) |
| Categories | : | Sequential Art. Comics. Humor. Fiction. Graphic Novels. Comedy |
Rating About Books The Far Side Gallery 3 (The Far Side Gallery Anthologies #3)
Ratings: 4.45 From 24820 Users | 144 ReviewsCritique About Books The Far Side Gallery 3 (The Far Side Gallery Anthologies #3)
Think the opposite.A well written book. Enjoyed reading it.
I was a kid looking for my own identity. Whatever it was, it was going to be different than my parents' button-down world view. I wasn't a hellion, so I didn't feel I needed to go overboard. What better mentor than Gary Larson's slightly askew humor?!Larson's work was subversive, maybe not in a poignantly political way, but more in a silly way, which is perfect when you are a young teen looking for something more edgy than Family Circus and Garfield.I always enjoyed how he put a twist on old

I remember loving these as a youngin. They still made me laugh. What an imagination.
I "read" one - at least - of GL's books. Maybe it was this one. My favorite is the "Bummer of a birthmark, Hal" one...
From a Midvale Alumni4 January 2019 Adelaide Well, it seems as if I have now read all of the Far Side Galleries so I guess I can now move onto something a little more constructive maybe Garfield, Wizard of Id, or even Calvin and Hobbes. Well, I guess I do appreciate Calvin and Hobbes, namely because the main characters are named after theologian John Calvin and humanist philosopher Thomas Hobbes. Yet, despite that, it is still about a little kid and his imaginary pet tiger, and all they seem
500+ wacky, cracked, endearing cartoons and I laughed at every one of them. I cannot get enough of Gary Larsons genius.

Comments
Post a Comment