Download Books Online White Palace Free

Define Books Conducive To White Palace

Original Title: White Palace
ISBN: 055327659X (ISBN13: 9780553276596)
Edition Language: English
Setting: St. Louis, Missouri(United States)
Download Books Online White Palace  Free
White Palace Bantam New Fiction | Pages: 352 pages
Rating: 3.93 | 336 Users | 49 Reviews

Commentary Concering Books White Palace

Max is twenty-seven and recently, tragically widowed. He’s an advertising copywriter on his way up. To his shock and confusion, he suddenly finds himself in the midst of the affair of his life – an incongruous passion for a lusty, hard-drinking forty-two-year-old White Palace waitress.
She’s from the wrong side of town. She’s undereducated. She doesn’t begin to compare to Janey, Max’s lost wife. But Max can’t escape his obsession for the salty, sultry, sensuous Nora. Though the affair begins with their raw carnal attraction, Max discovers, to his horror, that he may be falling in love with this woman from Dogtown.
In his first novel, Glenn Savan presents a steamy love dilemma with wit and compassion. In Max and Nora, he creates two unforgettable characters who rival any oddball duo in contemporary literature.

Present Containing Books White Palace

Title:White Palace
Author:Glenn Savan
Book Format:Bantam New Fiction
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 352 pages
Published:September 1st 1988 by Bantam
Categories:Fiction. Romance. Literary Fiction

Rating Containing Books White Palace
Ratings: 3.93 From 336 Users | 49 Reviews

Notice Containing Books White Palace
What a gem! I saw this movie decades ago, and it stuck with me because it was quirky, gritty and unconventional. I loved the movie, and the book is even better. Its all-things 80s, with an engaging plot, realistic dialogue, and dynamic characters.

Romance/Humor. A play on the "White Castle" burger places in the midwest; specifically, St. Louis. Grieving 27 yr old man 2yrs after the death of his wife, finds himself crossing paths with a 41 yr old woman he first met in a White Castle and then in a bar. He is a compassionate person and finds himself drawn to her simple ways. She is definitely a skillful lover. All his friends are pleased that he is no longer celibate, but warn him that this relationship can't last. Suddenly, she breaks it

Hands down, best book I've ever read. Honestly, Glenn Savan was one of the most intelligent--and underrated--writers I've ever had the pleasure of reading when indulging in fiction.

I enjoyed the book far more than the trailers I watched about the movie.

I read White Palace years ago when I was much younger and it seemed so very grown up to me, like a book a real adult would read and it remains one of my favorites.

Max and Nora could not be more different. He is a preppy, somewhat judgmental yuppie who has lost his wife to tragic circumstances. She is a tough talking, sassy, rough around the edges food server from the wrong side of the tracks.And is is much older then Max.These two people strike up a conversation in a bar. Their subsequent relationship and romance is the subject of the book. Can two people who appear to have virtually nothing in common..make a go of it?This is not your typical romance

I borrowed this book some twenty years ago and recall enjoying it then. Over e years and a couple of moves it was packed away and forgotten. Before contacting my long lost friend to return the book, I decided to rearm it again. It was even better than I remembered!Published and set in 1987, the story takes place in St. Louis. This was my first connection. Max meets Nora in a bar called Cousin Hugo's where I by chance had been served a scotch on the rocks at the age of 17! My second connection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog