Download Free Kytice Audio Books
Declare Books Toward Kytice
| Original Title: | Kytice |
| ISBN: | 8086138305 (ISBN13: 9788086138305) |
| Edition Language: | Czech |
| Setting: | Slovakia |
Karel Jaromír Erben
Kindle Edition | Pages: 162 pages Rating: 4.05 | 5113 Users | 100 Reviews
Relation Conducive To Books Kytice
I did read this book in Czech, however i will write the review in english;)I am not that huge fan of (our) Slavic literature, no matter which region it comes from. However, this is my number 1 book when it comes to both Czech and Slavic literature.
I think that Erben did an amazing job in presenting the Czech folklore and legends in that pure, real and original form yet shaped so that it can be timeless. And kudos for in delivering them in their original, scary and even bizarre light. I absolutely recommend this book to anyone.

Point Based On Books Kytice
| Title | : | Kytice |
| Author | : | Karel Jaromír Erben |
| Book Format | : | Kindle Edition |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 162 pages |
| Published | : | (first published 1853) |
| Categories | : | Poetry. Classics. European Literature. Czech Literature. Academic. School |
Rating Based On Books Kytice
Ratings: 4.05 From 5113 Users | 100 ReviewsNotice Based On Books Kytice
Great collection of ballads. One of my favorite czech books. Mácha was really talented and had a amazing ability of using language. Ballads are easy to understand and reader can also easily remember them. My favourite one is "The wedding shirt". I can definitely recommend this book, so make sure you read it!Its a classic. I knew some poems from this book before I started reading it. Even so I enjoyed it just as if Id read it for the first time. Some of these tales just never get old. The stories are very original and beautifully written. Im from Czech republic but I wouldnt mind reading this in English either. Actually, Im interested in how its been translated. Great book, recommend it.
Good translation; it works hard to maintain the original meter and rhyme scheme, with solid use of rhetorical devices and archaisms to maintain the creepy/sombre tone where needed.The presence of Christian tradition is a bit heavy in some of the tales, but there are plenty of familiar folk-tale genre specific elements, with some tales new to someone not familiar with the particular tradition from which this draws. I particularly enjoyed "The Noonday Witch" and "The Water Goblin".

Horrifying yet fascinating piece of classical Czech literature. It was surprisingly readable, which I did not expect since it's almost 200 years old. The language was beautiful, sound of the words perfectly fitted the situations. It was brutal but I couldn't stop reading.
Above the river Orlice I saw a churchand heard its golden bell. It extinguishedthe rush of fierce passion first,then the ancient Czech sincerity.When Czechs godly virtues love, hope, and faith turned musty and stale from disuse,the church hid itself in the depths of the earth,and water then flooded the place.(from The Prophetess) Initially published in 1853, Karel Jaromir Erbens A Bouquet has never been out of print, and it has been adapted into musical, theatrical, cinematic and animated
I don't enjoy reading classical litterature. I very much prefer the epic to the lyric, prose to poetry. And yet, this is a gem to me. You can feel how delicately the author chose every word so that there is no change in the text you could do to make it sound or feel better.
I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys fairy-tales. I flew through the whole thing in a day and look forward to re-reading them already. Fairy-tales from Europe especially tend to tell similar stories with slightly different settings or added details. Even in the Grimms Fairy-tales stories some times seem to be repeating themselves.With that said, I do feel like A Bouquet told the stories in a different light. Perhaps because it is told in poems, which added a nice touch to the

Comments
Post a Comment