Download A Good Horse (Horses of Oak Valley Ranch #2) Books Online
Describe Books To A Good Horse (Horses of Oak Valley Ranch #2)
| Original Title: | A Good Horse |
| ISBN: | 0375862293 (ISBN13: 9780375862298) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Horses of Oak Valley Ranch #2 |
Jane Smiley
Hardcover | Pages: 256 pages Rating: 4.06 | 653 Users | 78 Reviews
Representaion Concering Books A Good Horse (Horses of Oak Valley Ranch #2)
When eighth grader Abby Lovitt looks out at those pure-gold rolling hills, she knows there’s no place she’d rather be than her family’s ranch—even with all the hard work of tending to nine horses. But some chores are no work at all, like grooming young Jack. At eight months, his rough foal coat has shed out, leaving a smooth, rich silk, like chocolate. As for Black George, such a good horse, it turns out he’s a natural jumper. When he and Abby clear four feet easy as pie, heads start to turn at the ring—buyers’ heads—and Abby knows Daddy won’t turn down a good offer.Then a letter arrives from a private investigator, and suddenly Abby stands to lose not one horse but two. The letter states that Jack’s mare may have been sold to the Lovitts as stolen goods. A mystery unfolds, more surprising than Abby could ever expect. Will she lose her beloved Jack to his rightful owners?
Pulitzer Prize winner Jane Smiley raises horses of her own, and her affection and expertise shine through in this inviting horse novel for young readers, set in 1960s California horse country and featuring characters from The Georges and the Jewels.
From the Hardcover edition.

Particularize Based On Books A Good Horse (Horses of Oak Valley Ranch #2)
| Title | : | A Good Horse (Horses of Oak Valley Ranch #2) |
| Author | : | Jane Smiley |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 256 pages |
| Published | : | October 26th 2010 by Knopf Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2010) |
| Categories | : | Animals. Horses. Fiction. Young Adult. Historical. Historical Fiction |
Rating Based On Books A Good Horse (Horses of Oak Valley Ranch #2)
Ratings: 4.06 From 653 Users | 78 ReviewsJudgment Based On Books A Good Horse (Horses of Oak Valley Ranch #2)
Part of me wants to be 10 or 11 again, so I could bury myself in these books as much as I did the Timber Trail Riders books at that age.But I'm not. I'm 62. That said, I've truly enjoyed the first two books of this series for reminding me of the young girl I was. And hey... horse books, right? I never get tired of horse books. :)Overall it was a good book ,I like this book because it takes about horse
Reading in between my other books. -It's a horse book, and unless you love and/or own and ride horses, it can be hard to read.-This is an older book, I think, so there are some inaccuracies, or at least non-Pony Club approved things. Please excuse me while I rant about horse stuff that will be nonsense to most of you. WHY are there cross country jumps in a showjumping course, HOW could a freaking eighth grader clear 4 feet without regular training, also, why in the world would she jump cross

Fun and sweet. Horse facts and training details were correct. Loved the story.
I really enjoyed reading this book. I previously read The Georges and the Jewels, which is the first book in this series. I loved how the author depicts the horses. She makes them realistic. Many other authors will make horse either good or bad. Horses aren't like that. They have good days and bad days just like people do. I also love how she sets the book back around the 1950s-1960s. I haven't learned much about this time period and reading this book was a good start. I will definitely be
This is a challenging review to write because my thoughts are all over the place. The writing: Its excellent. I mean the author is a Pulitzer Prize winner. You dont just buy one of those awards at the University of Phoenix or anything. Horses: This was way fun to read about horses from someone who KNOWS her equine particulars. If the horse facts are not accurate, I wont wade through the book. Faith/Scripture: I was shocked at the first mention of faith. (Not having read the first book in the
This is categorized as juvenile fiction, but it was more advanced than that. It was about a young girl (12 or 13?), but it really wasn't juvenile in content. If you really like horses, you would like this book. I kind of skimmed over the descriptions of the jumps and other horsey things. After reading it, I discovered that there was a previous book about this family. I may try to find that and read it. I was interested in the religious aspect of the book. This family is very religious, goes to

Comments
Post a Comment