Download Spencer W. Kimball, Twelfth President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Free Audio Books
Spencer W. Kimball, Twelfth President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 
I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. It was fascinating, and very inspirational. I had expected it to be a bit dry, but I did not find it to be that way. I love how the authors (Kimball's son and grandson) did not gloss over any areas of his life. Spencer Kimball was very human (especially in his tendency to doubt himself and his struggle to balance work life, church life, and family). But, ultimately, he really appears to be the best sort of human, without any serious flaws. Just
A well written biography of Kimball. For a biography from his family, I was a little disappointed at the level of personal insight. Early in the book it was good, but in later pages it was lacking. It was candid, but not so much as some of the more recent biography's of prophets. What was saddest for me is it ends prior to the revelation on the priesthood, which is among the things Kimball is most remembered for. It does an excellent job of building faith that Spencer Kimball was a chosen

One of the best biographies that I have read. Thoroughly enjoyed the book and learned a lot about President Kimball. The best thing about this book is that I really learned a lot about the man and what his life was like. I learned a lot about his trials, his successes and his decisions that affected his life. Really an enjoyable book to read and it is entertaining and easy to read. Recommend it to all who would write a biography.
My first biography of a Church President, I loved this book about his life and it made me want to be a much better person! I am grateful for his life and teachings!
This impressive biography covers President Kimball's life from early days until he was sustained as President of the LDS Church. It should be read with the biography covering President Kimball's presidency, Lengthen Your Stride. He was a wonderful man and leader, to understate.
One of the most inspiring books I have read. More than once, I found myself expressing heartfelt gratitude in prayer for Pres Kimball's life and the chance to get to know him reading his biography. The authors get five plus stars for both their writing style and the courage to include content that was refreshingly thourough and deeply insightful.I can't recommend this book enough.
Edward L. Kimball
Hardcover | Pages: 438 pages Rating: 4.51 | 2248 Users | 100 Reviews

Mention Books Conducive To Spencer W. Kimball, Twelfth President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
| Original Title: | Spencer W Kimball |
| ISBN: | 0884943305 (ISBN13: 9780884943303) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Interpretation In Favor Of Books Spencer W. Kimball, Twelfth President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
I read this in 1978, the summer when Pres. Kimball announced priesthood revelation, Manifesto 2. It was amazing, then, to hold a biography of a living prophet--I loved getting facts about his early life and about his history, long and painful, with illnesses. His example and beliefs informed and influenced my coming of age. I struggled to make up my mind about serving a mission, but after reading a Church News report of one of his Oct. 1980 General Conference talks, prayed and made up my mind. "Do it" said it all. These 32 years later, my feelings toward him are visceral. Not that Pres. Hinckley is any less a man or prophet, still, I wish my adult children had had, during their teen years, these experiences, too, of witnessing the power and love that Pres. Kimball emminated. This biography's prose is imperfect with respect to repetition of certain phrases; I wish it had stellar lyrical qualities to parallel the stellar life. That being said, the facts are riveting and plainly presented. No pretense, but also quiet perceptions and understanding. I remember being appalled when reading this in 1978 how infrequently members send flowers or in some gracious way say "thanks" to our visiting general authorities. We take their travels for granted, esp. in the 70s when I was fortunate enough to attend 2 stake conferences, both of Philadelphia stake, where Elder Kimball presided (he was president of the Quorum of 12 Apostles). I look forward to reading, first time, Edward Kimball's sequel, "Lengthen Your Stride, The Presidency of SWK." This biography provided ample prelude, and then some!Present Of Books Spencer W. Kimball, Twelfth President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
| Title | : | Spencer W. Kimball, Twelfth President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints |
| Author | : | Edward L. Kimball |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 438 pages |
| Published | : | January 1st 1977 by Bookcraft |
| Categories | : | Biography. Christianity. Lds. Religion. Nonfiction. Church. Biography Memoir. Spirituality |
Rating Of Books Spencer W. Kimball, Twelfth President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Ratings: 4.51 From 2248 Users | 100 ReviewsJudge Of Books Spencer W. Kimball, Twelfth President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
As a 12-year-old bassist I shared the stage of the DAR Constitution Hall in Washington,D.C. with many other musicians. The concluding speaker was a short, bald, white-haired man who paused every so often to drink from a glass of water by the podium. I decided to listen. After the meeting ended I neglected my musical duties and approached him, fearing that I would be reproved, but wanting to shake his hand.The friendly warmth of his greeting remains with me to this day. And to this day this is aI was surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. It was fascinating, and very inspirational. I had expected it to be a bit dry, but I did not find it to be that way. I love how the authors (Kimball's son and grandson) did not gloss over any areas of his life. Spencer Kimball was very human (especially in his tendency to doubt himself and his struggle to balance work life, church life, and family). But, ultimately, he really appears to be the best sort of human, without any serious flaws. Just
A well written biography of Kimball. For a biography from his family, I was a little disappointed at the level of personal insight. Early in the book it was good, but in later pages it was lacking. It was candid, but not so much as some of the more recent biography's of prophets. What was saddest for me is it ends prior to the revelation on the priesthood, which is among the things Kimball is most remembered for. It does an excellent job of building faith that Spencer Kimball was a chosen

One of the best biographies that I have read. Thoroughly enjoyed the book and learned a lot about President Kimball. The best thing about this book is that I really learned a lot about the man and what his life was like. I learned a lot about his trials, his successes and his decisions that affected his life. Really an enjoyable book to read and it is entertaining and easy to read. Recommend it to all who would write a biography.
My first biography of a Church President, I loved this book about his life and it made me want to be a much better person! I am grateful for his life and teachings!
This impressive biography covers President Kimball's life from early days until he was sustained as President of the LDS Church. It should be read with the biography covering President Kimball's presidency, Lengthen Your Stride. He was a wonderful man and leader, to understate.
One of the most inspiring books I have read. More than once, I found myself expressing heartfelt gratitude in prayer for Pres Kimball's life and the chance to get to know him reading his biography. The authors get five plus stars for both their writing style and the courage to include content that was refreshingly thourough and deeply insightful.I can't recommend this book enough.

Comments
Post a Comment