Free Bookhunter Download Books Online
Declare About Books Bookhunter
| Title | : | Bookhunter |
| Author | : | Jason Shiga |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 144 pages |
| Published | : | May 1st 2007 by Sparkplug Books |
| Categories | : | Sequential Art. Graphic Novels. Comics. Fiction. Mystery. Writing. Books About Books. Graphic Novels Comics. Humor |

Jason Shiga
Paperback | Pages: 144 pages Rating: 3.84 | 821 Users | 201 Reviews
Chronicle During Books Bookhunter
Ripped from today’s headlines, Bookhunter fires off and you can’t quit reading. The excitement is fulfilling. The year is 1973. A priceless book has been stolen from the Oakland Public Library. A crack team of Bookhunters (aka. library police) have less than three days to recover the stolen item. It’s a race against the clock as our heroes use every tool in their arsenal of library equipment to find the book and the mastermind who stole it.Will the detectives catch this scoundrel? Find out in Bookhunter, the greatest comic of the new millennium. What a roller coaster ride of excitement! What an unexpected twist takes place! Do not begin Bookhunter unless you are prepared to finish it in one sitting.
Point Books In Favor Of Bookhunter
| Original Title: | Bookhunter |
| ISBN: | 097427156X (ISBN13: 9780974271569) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Rating About Books Bookhunter
Ratings: 3.84 From 821 Users | 201 ReviewsWrite Up About Books Bookhunter
A fast read for library lovers which tells the story of a priceless book stolen from the Oakland Public Library in 1973 and the library police who is tasked with bringing the book thief to justice. I love the book design including the due date sketched on the first page of the books which instantly transports the reading into the world of the author. This book is entertaining in the story which is told as well as the twist at the end of the book.I honestly was not quite sure what I expected of this comic, but the fact is that Jason Shiga blew me away. Bookhunter is a piece of crime fiction, in a sense, but set in a world not quite exactly like ours, in which the Library Police track down people who attempt to censor books, or steal them. After a short, but very effective opening, which introduces the world and the function of the Library Police, along with the protagonist, Special Agent Bay, the narrative proper begins. Here Special
If you like libraries, you will LOVE this book. If you like libraries of the pre-Internet era (card catalog, circulation stamps, etc), you will LOVE this book EVEN more. The premise is that the Oakland Public Library employs a special police force (equipped with a SWAT team, guns, forensic experts, and so much more) to enforce library violations, such as overdue books, damaging library materials, etc. The team, led by special agent Ray, is called into investigate the theft of a precious

Really fun and quick. A must read for librarians, especially. Makes me want to work for the Library Police...
I love libraries and I even work in one. This was just too boring for my tastes. It kept me busy while I was reading it, but when it was over... it was over. Nothing really stood out and i wasn't thoroughly entertained. It reminded me of the Seinfeld episode with the Library Police. An overdue book and they come hunting you down!! Just please return your books!
Brilliant. Another small press comic read. Many times there is a good reason one of the large publishers isn't carrying a work. But other times you get something really fun and niche like Bookhunter. Bookhunter is about Library Police in a world where they hunt down stolen books like Seal Team 6 hunts down terrorists. This is quick, fun, absurd, and super nerdy, with a ton of technical mess about book binding and such. I'd describe it more to convince you to go read it, but it's free online at
I didn't even finish this book because I just couldn't bring myself to finish it. The sort of art style that this book has is not my style. I'm not a fan of it at all, but I thought the title was interesting and was intrigued where this book would be heading. I read about 30 pages and decided nope, I'm putting this book down because I didn't want to waste my time reading it. I love books, libraries, and I work in a library too, but this book just wasn't for me. There are other better books out

Comments
Post a Comment