Free Books Online Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food

List Containing Books Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food

Title:Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food
Author:Jessica Seinfeld
Book Format:Hardcover-spiral
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 208 pages
Published:October 1st 2007 by Collins
Categories:Food and Drink. Cookbooks. Cooking. Nonfiction. Food. Parenting. Health. Reference
Free Books Online Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food
Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food Hardcover-spiral | Pages: 208 pages
Rating: 3.41 | 19407 Users | 673 Reviews

Interpretation Supposing Books Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food

I hate this book. Obviously, I'm not trying to be objective, and I'm kind of in a bad mood as I'm writing this :(

I feel like this BOOK is deceptive!

The deal is, if you want to "sneak" healthy stuff into kids' foods (or, into your own food, as I was hoping to do)you have to make an actual major lifestyle change: prepare to spend hours at a time to boiling up vegetables and and liquefying them in a blender, then freezing them for a future date when you can trick your kids into eating them by saying, "Hey, kid, how about some banana cream pie, partly filled with liquid squash?"

Who would do all of this, unless they were actually, certifiably crazy? I don't know how this book got published! About 1% (or less) of the people who purchase this book are going to follow the strange plan of this loony lady...

Actually, to answer my own question as to how it got published, it's because it has an appealing cover and title, and when you flip through the thing it's filled with colorful photographs of delicious-looking recipes. It's only when you sit down and give it a good read that you see that this mom is insane.

I guess my biggest question is, are this lady's cooking tactics really of nutritional value? She (probably) can't hurt the kids with her soupy concoctions, but isn't it true that once you boil the heck out of vegetables and liquefy them, the vitamins and other good stuff go completely down the... well... toilet?

Speaking of which, maybe the sneaking-in-the-vegetables thing is purely for roughage (sp) purposes. So why puree them? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

My alternative title would be, "How to Give Your Kids Diarrhea".

I'm bitter because this book was kind of expensive and I felt duped.

Therefore, I consider this review a sort of public service message: use it well.


Define Books In Pursuance Of Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food

Original Title: Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food
ISBN: 0061251348 (ISBN13: 9780061251344)
Edition Language: English

Rating Containing Books Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food
Ratings: 3.41 From 19407 Users | 673 Reviews

Judge Containing Books Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food
Just reading the recipes made my stomach turn.You want your kiddos to eat more fruits and veggies? You have to start them at the baby stage. If you are trying to do damage control and educate your kid's taste buds at pre-school age forward, I still don't see how these recipes could work.I understand that's what this author is trying to do, but the tiny amounts of pureed veggies added to normal recipes do not provide enough of a nutrional boost to outweigh the difference in taste and will not in

This book deserves five stars for creativity--the woman is ingenius not just in the idea to put vegetable purees into food, but to then create some amazing recipes that actually taste good. I read this in one sitting at Barnes and Nobles and was pretty impressed. But...the problem I see is that the future is sadly invisible in this type of approach to food and children. At what age do you stop making vegetable purees to put into your foods and start dishing out the real deal? And when that day

So for me its really weird reading a cookbook for a book challenge and review. I use cookbooks but no havent ever sat down and read a cookbook. I chose this one for a challenge in a book club. I bought this book when it first was published because I remember the Seinfelds on either Live With Regis and Kelly or if it was already Live with Kelly and Michael. Either way, it was when my 3 kids were young and my husband and I were very tired of feeding the kids foods in the brown category such as

I grabbed this on a whim at the library. As I read through I realized that Jessica Seinfeld assumes that making purees of every vegetable (mostly squash, carrots or sweet potatoes) instantly makes a dish "healthy". Oh, look at me, so tricky and getting my kid to eat their veggies. I realize some kids are picky, but come on. As a mom, I also deal with reality and introduce my child to different foods so I do not have to spend all of my time mashing and pureeing different concoctions for her to

I haven't tried everything yet, but most of what I've made, we've enjoyed. (Well, except the Tofu Nuggets. That was a bad experience.) These are pretty easy recipes, nothing too fancy, and she hides all kind of veggies and fruits her kids won't normally eat in the main meal so they still get what they need. Filled with tips on how to puree your foods, recipes from breakfasts through desserts, with mom tips and nutrition facts. Very fun. Now we can all eat as well as Jerry Seinfeld's family! ;)OK

This is a cookbook and it is actually pretty funny and helpful! This cookbook has a theme of humor, health, and organization. This cookbook is for the reading level of those that have experience making purees. I found this cookbook interesting since it was created by Jerry Seinfeld's wife, who shares stories about her children and her recipe inspirations. The format is instructional. As a teacher, I would use this cookbook within my classroom to teach my students about cooking, as well as

Seinfeld is so caught up in making sure everything her kids eat has vegetables in it, that she doesn't seem to care what their cholesterol is like! It seems like everything in this book is fried, and she always uses margarine, never butter. Margarine is TERRIBLE for you! Egad! I'm also baffled by places where things like applesauce can easily be substituted for oil (as in cakes or banana bread), yet she lists a big ol' 1/2 c. of oil in the ingredients along with something like pureed navy beans

Comments

Popular posts from this blog