Free The Color of My Words Download Books Online

Particularize Based On Books The Color of My Words

Title:The Color of My Words
Author:Lynn Joseph
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 160 pages
Published:April 23rd 2019 by HarperCollins (first published 2000)
Categories:Young Adult. Fiction. Realistic Fiction. Childrens. Middle Grade. Cultural
Free The Color of My Words  Download Books Online
The Color of My Words Paperback | Pages: 160 pages
Rating: 4.1 | 1360 Users | 250 Reviews

Narrative In Favor Of Books The Color of My Words

Américas Award Winner

“An achingly beautiful story.”—Kirkus (starred review) “Eloquent.”—Booklist (starred review) “Lovely and lyrical.”—School Library Journal

This powerful and resonant Américas Award-winning novel tells the story of a young girl’s struggle to find her place in the world and to become a writer in a country where words are feared.

Seamlessly interweaving both poetry and prose, Lynn Joseph’s acclaimed debut is a lush and lyrical journey into a landscape and culture of the Dominican Republic.

The Color of My Words explores the pain and poetry of discovering what it means to be part of a family, what it takes to find your voice and the means for it to be heard, and how it feels to write it all down.

Declare Books Supposing The Color of My Words

Original Title: The Color of My Words
ISBN: 0064472043 (ISBN13: 9780064472043)
Edition Language: English
Literary Awards: Jane Addams Children's Book Award Nominee for Older Children (2001), Américas Award (2000)

Rating Based On Books The Color of My Words
Ratings: 4.1 From 1360 Users | 250 Reviews

Write Up Based On Books The Color of My Words
Each month as I sit down to write the review for our featured book, I find myself stuck. Ive run out of different ways to say I love this book. Im certainly not complaining. As educators, I think were quite lucky to have access to so much amazing literature that also provides a way for us to teach about Latin America. This months book was no differentI loved it. Oddly enough, Ive found that the more I love a book, the harder it is for me to convey my thoughts and feelings in a review. I usually

The color of my words, is by Linn josep.this book is about a girl who like to write history abut her future and thinks abut her gri gri gri tree.i liked this book because everything that happens in the book happens in real life, my favorite part of the book was when Ana Rosa tells everyone that she is a writer.i would recommend this book to others kids because you can learn something abut Republica Dominicana. the type of reader who would really enjoy this book would be people learning English

M sad because her brother died🤯😢😭☹😖😔😫😩

The book The Color Of My Words by Lynn Joseph is about a girl who is 12 years old who likes to write about stuff that happens on her island . And is sad because she get to know that she doesn't have a dad. I did not like this book because it was sad that the guardia killed Ana Rosa's brother named Guario. My favorite part of the book was when Ana Rosa and Guario helped each other and when Guario told her that he was going buy her notebooks so she can keep writing her poems. I could not recommend

Read this in honor of my trip to the DR. I'd give it a solid "meh". You can finish this sucker in no time flat because it's a "children's book". I put that in quotes because it deals with alcoholism, illegitmate children (and prosituting indirectly) and a hostile protest against a government. I realize that these are real things that happen in real life, but not sure it has a place in a kids book. I didn't realize there was a hostel take over of land to build resorts, but not surprised. I guess

The color of my words by Lynn Joseph is about a girl who likes to write poems on a tree. She calls the tree gri gri and every day she goes up to the tree to write poems also several events that happen on the island. I liked this book because the girl likes to write poems. My favorite part of the book was when Ana Rosa goes with her dad to dance on the beach. I recommend this book to others if they like poems this is a nice book. The type of reader who really enjoy this would be writers because

I really like this book because it shows how a girl named ana rosa develops, fighting for her dreams and better future. on page 18 ana rosa loves to hear her big brother which named is guario, telling her that she can reach her dreams if she wants to. on page 32 ana rosa, shows her capacity of writing a article and reading it in front of the whole town when the rest of the people dont know. i think that the people are dreamers that cant reach his dreams, but have hope that can, will like this

Comments