Free Download Books The Queen's Gamble (Thornleigh #4) Online

Details Containing Books The Queen's Gamble (Thornleigh #4)

Title:The Queen's Gamble (Thornleigh #4)
Author:Barbara Kyle
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 432 pages
Published:March 6th 2014 by Canvas (first published August 1st 2011)
Categories:Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction. English History. Tudor Period. European Literature. British Literature
Free Download Books The Queen's Gamble (Thornleigh #4) Online
The Queen's Gamble (Thornleigh #4) Paperback | Pages: 432 pages
Rating: 3.93 | 408 Users | 43 Reviews

Relation Conducive To Books The Queen's Gamble (Thornleigh #4)

Young Queen Elizabeth I's path to the throne has been a perilous one, and already she faces a dangerous crisis. French troops have landed in Scotland to quell a rebel Protestant army, and Elizabeth fears once they are entrenched on the border, they will invade England.

Isabel Thornleigh has returned to London from the New World with her Spanish husband, Carlos Valverde, and their young son. Ever the queen's loyal servant, Isabel is recruited to smuggle money to the Scottish rebels. Yet Elizabeth's trust only goes so far-Isabel's son will be the queen's pampered hostage until she completes her mission. Matters grow worse when Isabel's husband is engaged as military advisor to the French, putting the couple on opposite sides in a deadly cold war.

Set against a lush, vibrant backdrop peopled with unforgettable characters and historical figures, The Queen's Gamble is a story of courage, greed, passion, and the high price of loyalty. . .



Present Books As The Queen's Gamble (Thornleigh #4)

ISBN: 1780335652 (ISBN13: 9781780335650)
Edition Language: English
Series: Thornleigh #4
Characters: Elizabeth I of England


Rating Containing Books The Queen's Gamble (Thornleigh #4)
Ratings: 3.93 From 408 Users | 43 Reviews

Weigh Up Containing Books The Queen's Gamble (Thornleigh #4)
This story takes place in England at the time of the reign of Queen Elizabeth I. Isabel Thornleigh has returned to England with her Spanish husband, Carlos Valverde and their son Nicolas. Elizabeth takes Nicolas hostage in return for Isabel's loyalty while smuggling money to the Scottish rebels, so they can fight the French, who want to take over Scotland and then invade England to put Mary on the throne. This is a tangled web of deceit, brutality, conspiracy , intrigue and drama. A good read!

Give away book received from Goodreads first read give-away.

Barabara Kyle should be ranked right up there along with Elizabeth Chadwick and Philippa Gregory. She's an outstanding storyteller and it makes for a great read when her stories are based on historical fact. Rarely do I read ahead but with Kyle's books, I do find myself peeking. The suspense is too much. For an imaginative, escapist and fun read, I would definitely recommend the Thornleigh series.

Fast-paced and filled with details that readers of historical novels crave, The Queens Gamble by Barbara Kyle is fourth in the Thornleigh series and set in the first year of Elizabeth Is reign, when even her supporters doubt the young queen will survive to rule a second year. In The Queens Gamble, Scotland is the focus of political contention. The teenage Mary, Queen of Scots, is living in France, married to Francois II. Scotland is ruled by a regent, Mary of Guise, who is French. Tthe Scots

OK. Reads like a romance with historical facts intertwined (not too many, though) rather than the truly historical (fact-based) novel I was hoping for. Quite predictable and dragged a bit. I spent a good part of the novel being angry at Isabel for her stupidity. This book probably will satisfy neither a historical fiction lover nor a romance novel fan. It could be a good segue between the two.

This one, like the first 2, was slow for me until around halfway through, then it got more interesting. I got very confused at the beginning trying to keep straight which country was allies with who, and I kept forgetting. Once it got where Isabel was with Frances at her brother's house, I finally got more engaged with the story. I just got the next 2 books from the library, am looking forward to see how their story ends.

This is the fourth book in Ms. Kyle's Thornleigh series and after reading it I so want to read the first three. Not because I felt like I missed anything - The Queen's Gamble can stand alone perfectly well - but because it was such an enjoyable book. While this book takes place during the reign of Queen Elizabeth the focus is more on the fictional family, the Thornleighs. Isabel Thornleigh is coming home to England with her husband Carlos. They live in the "New World," in Peru where Carlos is

Comments

Popular posts from this blog