Free Sabriel (The Old Kingdom #1)Books Online Download
Point Books In Pursuance Of Sabriel (The Old Kingdom #1)
| Original Title: | Sabriel |
| ISBN: | 0064471837 (ISBN13: 9780064471831) |
| Edition Language: | English URL http://www.abhorsentrilogy.com/ |
| Series: | The Old Kingdom #1, Abhorsen #1 |
| Characters: | Sabriel, Touchstone, Mogget, Abhorsen, Kerrigor, Rogir |
| Setting: | Old Kingdom Ancelstierre |
| Literary Awards: | برنده جایزه آریلیس, Ditmar Award Nominee for Short Fiction (1996), Aurealis Award for Fantasy Novel and Young Adult Novel (1995), Lincoln Award Nominee (2005) |

Garth Nix
Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 491 pages Rating: 4.17 | 173333 Users | 7275 Reviews
Details Out Of Books Sabriel (The Old Kingdom #1)
| Title | : | Sabriel (The Old Kingdom #1) |
| Author | : | Garth Nix |
| Book Format | : | Mass Market Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First American Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 491 pages |
| Published | : | September 30th 1996 by Harper Collins (first published May 1995) |
| Categories | : | Nonfiction. Food and Drink. Food. Health. Science. Nutrition |
Relation Concering Books Sabriel (The Old Kingdom #1)
Sent to a boarding school in Ancelstierre as a young child, Sabriel has had little experience with the random power of Free Magic or the Dead who refuse to stay dead in the Old Kingdom. But during her final semester, her father, the Abhorsen, goes missing, and Sabriel knows she must enter the Old Kingdom to find him. With Sabriel, the first installment in the Abhorsen series, Garth Nix exploded onto the fantasy scene as a rising star, in a novel that takes readers to a world where the line between the living and the dead isn't always clear—and sometimes disappears altogether.Rating Out Of Books Sabriel (The Old Kingdom #1)
Ratings: 4.17 From 173333 Users | 7275 ReviewsPiece Out Of Books Sabriel (The Old Kingdom #1)
Very good YA fantasy! The adventures of Sabriel, an innocent young woman, and her run-ins with various types of dead, undead, once dead, sorta dead and should-be-dead people and creatures. Luckily for almost everyone concerned (except the forces of evil and the dead ones they control), Sabriel is by heritage and training a necromancer, with a fair amount of power over death. Unluckily, some of these once-dead and should-be-dead creatures have apparently killed Sabriel's father, theThis was a thoroughly enjoyable, fresh-feeling book about 18 year old Sabriel and her quest through the land of her birth. If more YA was written like this, I'd read more of it. Of course, I should point out that this book was published in 1995, well before the genre was Twilighted and, as such, there were no uber emo teenagers angsting over their melodramatic love triangles. And thank the universe for that! Instead we get a sensible and somewhat awkward young heroine who is afraid of the dark
I have read many fantasy books and I can say with certainty that this is one of those stories that stand out. Sabriel is a very unique, interesting, complex story. Like many other fantasy books, it takes a little time to understand what is going on and really get into the story, but when that happens, you will most likely take a deep breath, dive in and refuse to come out before the end.Sabriel is a young girl but she is an adult inside. A strong female character is a gem! She is not annoying or

Tim Curry narration!!!!! OMG! Imma gonna pee my pants! So far a strong 3.5 storyline 5 Tim Curry His voice for the cantankerous cat spirit is superb!This was quite engaging, especially the last couple of chapters. I can see why it instantly became a classic YA fantasy series. Sabriel searches for her father, the Abhorsen, a sort of necromancer, who is lost in the land of the dead. Along the way she meets a spirit under the control of the Abhorsens for about fourteen centuries and a sailor
3.5 stars
I shall write a wee bit about my thoughts on this book as I read, for I do not trust my foggy brain to keep up with them if I wait until the last minute.*I like the juxtaposition of 20th Century (early) Ancelstierre with a medieval-esque world of the Old Kingdom. It threw me for a loop at first, how the prologue was very medieval (pre-Industrial), and the first chapter was modernesque. I was thinking, are they immortal or something? But further reading clears that up.*I don't read as much pure
Let this be my final lesson. Everyone and everything has a time to die. I really wish I had liked Sabriel more than I actually did. It had a decent idea, however, as I kept reading I continuously kept thinking about events in my life or my plans for the next day. My mind kept drifting off because I was purely so bored. I believe merely saying a book is boring isnt a convincing or a valid reason to conclude that the book wasnt good. Have you ever read a book where endless things are happening

Comments
Post a Comment