Online Books Download Firehorse Free
Particularize Containing Books Firehorse
| Title | : | Firehorse |
| Author | : | Diane Lee Wilson |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 336 pages |
| Published | : | October 1st 2006 by Margaret K. McElderry Books (first published 2006) |
| Categories | : | Animals. Horses. Historical. Historical Fiction. Young Adult |
Diane Lee Wilson
Hardcover | Pages: 336 pages Rating: 4.21 | 1270 Users | 105 Reviews
Chronicle Toward Books Firehorse
When fifteen-year-old Rachel is forced to move to Boston in 1872, she is furious. She is also lonely, for her beloved horse, Peaches, has been sold. But Rachel soon finds a horse that needs her, and needs her desperately: The Governor's Girl, a famous firehorse, has been badly burned. Rachel gets permission to care for the Girl in a stable behind her house.As she cares for the injured horse,Rachel dreams about becoming a veterinarian. But her father, a newspaperman, has very definite ideas about where women belong: only in the home. Father also has definite ideas about Boston's inadequate firefighting equipment, as an outbreak of suspicious fires erupts. To make things worse, horses everywhere begin falling ill -- and it is horses that power the city's fire engines. Another spark might send the whole city up in flames.
With cinematic vividness, Diane Lee Wilson brings the very real Great Boston Fire to life in this exciting and inspiring story of a strong-minded girl determined to decide her own future.

Details Books In Pursuance Of Firehorse
| Original Title: | Firehorse |
| ISBN: | 1416915516 (ISBN13: 9781416915515) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Rating Containing Books Firehorse
Ratings: 4.21 From 1270 Users | 105 ReviewsColumn Containing Books Firehorse
I feel like the climax was a bit dull but amazing read!This book is a thought-provoking historical fiction. I finished it in two days (I was reading it after I had finished some standard tests for school :)The teenage female protagonist, Rachel Selby, lives with her overbearing father, her meek mother, her fun-loving brother, and her religious but rebellious grandmother.As you can probably tell from the title, this book is about fires and horses. Two of my favorite things, which is why I picked it up in the first place.Rachel's family moves to
This book was really good. Once I started reading it I fell in love with the writing. The book was very descriptive and it used equestrian language. I recommend this book to anyone who likes horses and even if you don't really like horses I still recommend it.

"...All I had was my reputation? I was nothing more than an amorphous cloud of someone's version of "good"? Hah! I was more than that. I had steady nerves ...And a way with horses. And ...knowledge."Fifteen year old Rachel Selby is a firecracker: red haired and fierce willed, she races locomotives riding bareback astride her beloved chestnut mare and swears she'll grow up to be a veterinarian. Trouble is, it's 1872 in America. Women don't even have the right to vote, and Rachel's own father
Fifteen year old Rachel likes nothing better than to race her horse through the Illinois countryside, much to the disapproval of her parents and the townspeople, who do not feel she is ladylike enough for their Victorian sensibilities. Rachel's father relocates the family to Boston, where he writes a series of newspaper articles on the inadequacy of the Boston Fire Department in relation to a recent series of fires. Rachel volunteers to nurse one of the FD's horses who was badly burned in a fire
I was throwing out old school junk and found an old reading log... apparently I had read this book. Oh yes, that Firehorse. The writing wasn't too terrible, but I remember it being highly impractical. Again we have a 19th century girl acting as though she were a modern rebel. It disappoints me very much when characters start questioning their social order when they shouldn't - especially so when they are set in pre-World War environments and when they are upper-class gentry. This select group

Comments
Post a Comment