Online Books Emissary (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine #1) Download Free
Present Books In Favor Of Emissary (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine #1)
| Original Title: | Emissary |
| ISBN: | 0671798588 (ISBN13: 9780671798581) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Star Trek: Deep Space Nine #1, Star Trek Deep Space Nine #1 |
J.M. Dillard
Paperback | Pages: 288 pages Rating: 3.71 | 1039 Users | 58 Reviews

Specify Appertaining To Books Emissary (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine #1)
| Title | : | Emissary (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine #1) |
| Author | : | J.M. Dillard |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 288 pages |
| Published | : | February 1993 by Pocket Books |
| Categories | : | Media Tie In. Star Trek. Science Fiction. Fiction. Star Trek Deep Space Nine |
Ilustration As Books Emissary (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine #1)
Commander Benjamin Sisko is just recovering from the death of his wife when he is assigned command over the former Cardassian, but new Federation space station, Deep Space Nine. This space station is strategically located not only because of its orbit about Bajor, but also because of its proximity to the only known stable wormhole in the galaxy. After meeting the other Bajoran and Starfleet personnel assigned to the station, including a former Bajoran freedom fighter and a shapeshifter, Sisko finds himself in that very wormhole and in the midst of a metaphysical experience as the alien inhabitants of the wormhole question the concepts of time and love. Sisko, filled with humanistic hubris, begins to explain these experiences, and resolve his painful past.Rating Appertaining To Books Emissary (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine #1)
Ratings: 3.71 From 1039 Users | 58 ReviewsJudgment Appertaining To Books Emissary (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine #1)
A way to re-live that first episode in very. in-depth. detail.I first read this the same year the TV show premiered, and didn't know the characters well yet. This was very good.
As far as these books go, a pretty good one. The background of each character was neatly set. No word about Garak the humble taylor, I did appreciate the (brief) introduction of Gul Gukat though.Jake Sisko is almost as annoying as Wesley Crusher, even in written form. And the fact how everyone seems to love Cmdr Sisko from the moment they meet him is quite cliché-ish. The fact that Dr Bashir is described as being really young (27!) was quite a surprise, as the actor on the tv-series looks 35 at

This exists as a half-way house between JM Dillard's other Trek books. It's miles ahead of her thin TNG-film transcripts (which I'm guessing were dictated to from on high), but not as impressive as her adaptations of Star Trek's V and VI, nor her earlier TOS novels. It's based on earlier drafts of the pilot script, and the character work is first rate. But I'm willing to wager that, had she been able to see the the finished episode, this would have been an even greater adaptation. Considering
We have been rewatching Deep Space Nine on Netflix, and I picked up a few of the ebooks for it. I had not read this series in book form previously and was looking forward to a new Star Trek hit. I knew this was a novelization of the pilot, but since it is book 1, I read it anyway. Some of the inconsistencies in it bugged me; I know they made some changes after the pilot, and I don't blame the writer for it. But for me the reader, it made for a disappointing book. It bugged me to see the
A novelisation of the first Deep Space Nine episode4 April 2012 I guess one comment that I read probably sums this book up quite adequately: it is not a nobel laureate grade novel but enjoyable nonetheless, though probably more suited to hard core trekkies. Now I am far from being a hard core trekkie, though when this series came out I did get my hands on a few of the books (actually, considering the number of the Deep Space Nine books I ended up reviewing I would have to say somewhat more than
I always think that Star Trek novels are going to come a really poor second to the TV shows, and I'm always most pleasantly surprised when I find they're not. Now, don't ask me why I still return to the same expectation (though it's possibly something to do with other books (of TV shows or movies) which have been disappointing) ... I was about to not read this book, and then I thought that I might as well because I wanted something light to read and I could always go into a good Star Trek

Comments
Post a Comment