Online Leaf Books Free Download
Describe Books To Leaf
| ISBN: | 1606998536 (ISBN13: 9781606998533) |
| Edition Language: | English |

Daishu Ma
Hardcover | Pages: 96 pages Rating: 3.26 | 427 Users | 86 Reviews
Be Specific About Regarding Books Leaf
| Title | : | Leaf |
| Author | : | Daishu Ma |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 96 pages |
| Published | : | June 1st 2015 by Fantagraphics |
| Categories | : | Sequential Art. Graphic Novels. Comics. Fiction. Fantasy. Environment. Nature. Art. Young Adult |
Ilustration In Favor Of Books Leaf
In this wordless, all-ages graphic novel, our protagonist discovers a leaf that radiates a vibrant life. He returns to a meticulously wrought metropolis -- depicted in somber grays and blues -- and searches for answers. During his quest, he stumbles upon a man who knows what's really happening in the city's labyrinthine ducts; a woman who spends her life studying and classifying obsolete flora; and the truth about the ever-dwindling environmentRating Regarding Books Leaf
Ratings: 3.26 From 427 Users | 86 ReviewsEvaluate Regarding Books Leaf
En bok som med sin ordlösa historia, allegoriska tematik, alternativa, lätt steampunk-inspirerade verklighet och mjuka, semirealistiska, sepiafärgade blyertsteckningar är tydligt inspirerad av illustratören Shaun Tan i allmänhet och hans hyllade storverk Ankomsten i synnerhet. Sämre förebilder kan man dock ha, och Mas serieroman står på egna ben. Berättelse är öppen för tolkningar, men handla övergripande om kontrasten mellan industrialismen och naturen, representerad av glödande löv somBeautiful, beautiful art, but the lack of dialogue made this a little too obtuse for me. This definitely requires a 2nd read as there was a lot that I just didn't "get" here, though I understood that it was an examination of technology vs nature and a critique of industrialization.The artwork showcased here is *beautiful* though. Ma's style is very soft and uses pencils (or maybe charcoals) to draw these barren urban landscapes that are packed with detail. The judicious use of colour (blues and
I read graphic novels for their stories. Yes, art is obviously also important, but I enjoy a well-told story with mediocre art more than I enjoy a mediocre story with brilliant art. So I'm always impressed when an artist can dazzle me with a wordless comic that doesn't have a very focused narrative. There is A Narrative to this comic, and it's wonderful. I don't feel the need to talk about it because it's not why you should read this book. You should buy and read this book because it's gorgeous.

The art is beautiful, but I had trouble figuring out what the story was about. If I hadn't had a synopsis provided with the text, I don't think I would have understood what was actually going on. I think the grid design on several of the pages hinders comprehension as well. The book is compared to Shaun Tan's arrival in style, which is accurate, but the art lacks the narrative quality that is much clearer in Tan's work. That's unfortunate, too, because the pencil art with the spot colors is
Liked the drawing style, but the story was a bit hard to follow.
I'm not very visually oriented. So I had a hard time figuring out the story. Not until my wife pointed out the summary on the back of the book and share her interpretation did it begin to make sense to me. I'll admit this is probably due to my own weakness and not blame the author/illustrator.

Comments
Post a Comment