Books The Elric Saga Part I (The Elric Saga #1-3 omnibus) Online Download Free

Details Books During The Elric Saga Part I (The Elric Saga #1-3 omnibus)

ISBN: 156865040X (ISBN13: 9781568650401)
Edition Language: English
Series: The Elric Saga #1-3 omnibus
Books The Elric Saga Part I (The Elric Saga #1-3 omnibus) Online Download Free
The Elric Saga Part I (The Elric Saga #1-3 omnibus) Hardcover | Pages: 374 pages
Rating: 4.1 | 4299 Users | 126 Reviews

Ilustration In Pursuance Of Books The Elric Saga Part I (The Elric Saga #1-3 omnibus)

The 2011 Re-read:
Elric of Melnibone: Elric, the sickly albino emperor of Melnibone, combats his cousin Yrkoon's machinations for his throne and winds up on a quest across dimensions for a pair of magical black swords.

In the long, long, long, long wait between volumes four and five of The Dark Tower, a friend of mine told me about Elric, an albino with a soul-sucking sword that kept him alive. Intrigued, I took advantage of my Science Fiction Book Club membership and bought the two collected volumes they had. I was not disappointed.

Elric was created by Michael Moorcock to be the anti-Conan. Where Conan is strong, Elric is sickly. Conan distrusts magic where Elric embraced it. Conan is noble while Elric is... less than noble some of the time.

The first book in this collection deals with Elric and Yrkoon battling for the Ruby Throne. Moorcock builds his multiverse world by world, taking Elric across planes and into encounters with elementals and Lords of Chaos in his quest to foil Yrkoon.

Moorcock manages an epic feel despite the small size of the individual books. Not only was it influential when it first appeared, it's still a damn good story. The dying culture of the Melniboneans and the magical system were both really interesting to me, both during the initial reading and in the subsequent re-reads.

Blood and souls for Arioch!

The Sailor on the Seas of Fate: After leaving Melnibone behind, Elric ventures into the Young Kingdoms. While exhausted on a lonely shingle, Elric boards a mysterious ship. What will he encounter on his voyage before he returns to Melnibone?

Sailor on the Seas of Fate is what hooked me and made me a permanent Moorcock fan. Moorcock introduces the concept of the Eternal Champion and introduces three of them: Erekose, Corum, and Hawkmoon, and does some foreshadowing of things to come. Smiorgan Baldhead is introduced and Elric and Arioch become further entwined. Elric travels to even more planes and explores the ancestral home island of the Melniboneans. Good stuff!

Weird of the White Wolf: Elric leads the Sea Lords of the Purple Towns against his own homeland, Melnibone, seeks The Dead God's Book, and braves the Singing Citadel.

The tragedy and the cosmic scope of the Elric saga become even more apparent with the Weird of the White Wolf. How many other fantasy tales feature an emperor in exile committing genocide on his own people? Elric accidentally slays Cymoril, betrays his Sea Lord allies, and abandons his new lover to roam the world with his new friend Moonglum. The Cosmic Balance is introduced, Elric does more plane-hopping, and tangles with more entities beyond the mortal ken. By the end, he's apparently done with adventuring... until the next volume!



Specify Appertaining To Books The Elric Saga Part I (The Elric Saga #1-3 omnibus)

Title:The Elric Saga Part I (The Elric Saga #1-3 omnibus)
Author:Michael Moorcock
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 374 pages
Published:September 1983 by Doubleday Books
Categories:Fantasy. Fiction. Science Fiction Fantasy. Heroic Fantasy. Sword and Sorcery

Rating Appertaining To Books The Elric Saga Part I (The Elric Saga #1-3 omnibus)
Ratings: 4.1 From 4299 Users | 126 Reviews

Comment On Appertaining To Books The Elric Saga Part I (The Elric Saga #1-3 omnibus)
Ahhhhh. The Anti Hero. I didn't know what that was until I read this as a teen. Elric was and is one of the greatest characters ever written. A drug dependent sickly albino who iz in love with his cousin who hates his own people. The owner of a daemonic soul swallowing sword that sustains him as he kills! Wow. One fucked up in the head guy. No wonder these story's were so influential on my early life. These story's inspired me as an artist, gamer, and musician. Enjoy all Moorcocks work. He is a

This book includes the first three of the old six book Elric series that Moorcock put out. I was seriously into Moorcocks Elric stuff as a teenager and now after rereading it after all these years I still consider this to be a classic in the fantasy genre. Elric is far from being a typical or cliched fantasy hero, in fact I would label him as an anti-hero. Instead of being a strong chivalric hero Elric is a foppish weakling albino who is kept alive only through the use of drugs and sorcery. He

A dark, lush, broodingly-beautiful fairytale of a book that is allegedly Moorcocks anarchic answer to the religious and royalist myths of Tolkien, and the chauvinism, whether latent or blatant, of the Conan the Barbarian books and their numerous imitators. Elric is an unwilling adventurer, driven by kingship and cultural conditioning in an otherwise meaningless world. In a fantasy, such traits can be disconcerting, because they ask you to accept the challenges of the books hero as essentially

I have read a lot of Michael Moorcock. The first time I read these books it was seperatly in the older paper back editions. I chose this fomat as it make fewer entries and is newer.I didn't put a date below because I first ran across Elric in the 70s and this volume is much more recent...didn't want to confuse things. I still have some of the older volumes on my shelf, but not all. I try to keep most of the Eternal Champion books in my library.Elric is probably the best known and most iconic

You either love or hate Michael Moorcock. I love him.

Landmark Sword & Sorcery fantasy. This collection represents books #1-3...or, more accurately, books #1, #3-4. Book #2 is off in the Elric Saga Part III, where it comes up as book #7. Blegh. That odd quirk of publishing aside, these books tell of the adventures of Elric, the drug-addled, weak, albino jerk. He is Emperor of Melniboné, a sadistic empire of other drug-addled jerks, and wielder of the cursed sword Stormbringer, a character in it's own right who is also a jerk. Other reviews have

What do I even say about this book? Despite only giving it 3 stars, I enjoyed it tremendously - it was about the campiest book I've read in my life, and it was a wild ride from start to finish. The main character is an incredibly tortured Gary Stu, and there are precisely 3 female characters in the book, and he bones all of them (that is like 90% of why it only got 3 stars). Anyways, I know Moorcock is like a big name in the history of the genre or whatever but like listen. This book would have

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Books Sacred Sins (D.C. Detectives #1) Online