Download Books Crow: From the Life and Songs of the Crow (Faber Library) For Free Online
Mention Books To Crow: From the Life and Songs of the Crow (Faber Library)
| Original Title: | Crow: From the Life and Songs of the Crow |
| ISBN: | 0571176550 (ISBN13: 9780571176557) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Ted Hughes
Hardcover | Pages: 89 pages Rating: 4.1 | 3522 Users | 293 Reviews
Chronicle In Favor Of Books Crow: From the Life and Songs of the Crow (Faber Library)
Crow was Ted Hughes's fourth book of poems for adults and a pivotal moment in his writing career. In it, he found both a structure and a persona that gave his vision a new power and coherence. A. Alvarez wrote in the Observer, 'Each fresh encounter with despair becomes the occasion for a separate, almost funny, story in which natural forces and creatures, mythic figures, even parts of the body, act out their special roles, each endowed with its own irrepressible life. With Crow, Hughes joins the select band of survivor-poets whose work is adequate to the destructive reality we inhabit.'
Present Containing Books Crow: From the Life and Songs of the Crow (Faber Library)
| Title | : | Crow: From the Life and Songs of the Crow (Faber Library) |
| Author | : | Ted Hughes |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Faber Library Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 89 pages |
| Published | : | February 4th 1996 by Faber and Faber (first published 1970) |
| Categories | : | Poetry. Classics. European Literature. British Literature |
Rating Containing Books Crow: From the Life and Songs of the Crow (Faber Library)
Ratings: 4.1 From 3522 Users | 293 ReviewsPiece Containing Books Crow: From the Life and Songs of the Crow (Faber Library)
I don't know if Mrs Dalloway has just put a massive downer on everything I read but I really didn't enjoy this as much as Moortown Diary, I felt like every poem sort of missed the mark and none of them really drew me in. Some just seemed like a mishmash of sentences that didn't really seem to work together, and others were just lists of random objects really. I much preferred Moortown Diary, I might re-read this at some point to see if maybe it is just my run of bad classics getting in the way.February 17thA lamb could not get born. Ice windOut of a downpour dishclout sunrise. The motherLay on the muddied slope. Harried, she got upAnd the blackish lump bobbed at her back-endUnder her tail. After some hard galloping,Some manoeuvering, much flapping of the backwardLump head of the lamb looking out,I caught her with a rope. Laid her, head uphillAnd examined the lamb. A blood-ball swollenTight in its black felt, its mouth gapSquashed crooked, tongue stuck out, black-purple,Strangled by
I have a lot of mixed feelings about Ted Hughes, but I have zero confusion about how much I loved Crow. It's really something else. This might be the only Hughes I'll ever read, but I'll probably re-read it to death.

5/5 - I'm not used to reading poetry, but this was right up my alley. Dark, depressingly raw, gritty,... and the character of Crow was completely fascinating.
Read "Crow Blacker Than Ever" for class. Immediately ran to the library and read the entire collection. I didn't want to like Hughes's poetry-- oh well.
In all honesty, this was just okay for me. I'm sure it's worthy of a 5 star rating, as it feels like a masterpiece of poetry. Unfortunately most of it went over my head.
"His wings are the stiff back of his only book,Himself the only page -- of solid ink.So he gazes into the quag of the past,Like a gypsy into the crystal of the future, Like a leopard into a fat land."(from Crowego, p54)Another beautiful book from my favourite poet. This collection was brutal and bleak, the figure of Crow flapping through each poem sometimes with humour, sometimes with despair. It's missing its fifth star because of the way it plays around with -- and satirises -- notions of God,

Comments
Post a Comment