Download Free Books Being Billy Full Version
Particularize Books In Pursuance Of Being Billy
| ISBN: | 0141331356 (ISBN13: 9780141331355) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Literary Awards: | North East Teenage Book Award Nominee (2011), Carnegie Medal Nominee (2012) |
Phil Earle
Paperback | Pages: 264 pages Rating: 3.91 | 534 Users | 62 Reviews
Rendition To Books Being Billy
Being Billy is the award-winning first novel by Phil Earle.***Heroic, Phil Earle's hugely anticipated third novel is out on 24 April 2013***
Faces flashed before my eyes.
And for every face there was a time that they had let me down.
Each punch that landed was revenge, my chance to tell them I hadn't forgotten what they did.
Eight years in a care home makes Billy Finn a professional lifer. And Billy's angry - with the system, the social workers, and the mother that gave him away.
As far as Billy's concerned, he's on his own. His little brother and sister keep him going, though they can't keep him out of trouble.
But he isn't being difficult on purpose. Billy's just being Billy. He can't be anything else.
Can he?
'Phil Earle writes starkly but sensitively about damaged children in this brilliant page-turning novel. It moved me to tears' - Jacqueline Wilson
'Being Billy was a total page-turner - authentic and gritty. Billy's voice doesn't falter . . . spiky, brave and compassionate' - Jenny Downham, author of Before I Die
'Moving and powerful, I loved it' - Sophie McKenzie
Phil Earle was born, raised and schooled in Hull. His first job was as a care worker in a children's home, an experience that influenced the ideas behind Being Billy. He then trained as a drama therapist and worked in a therapeutic community in south London, caring for traumatized and abused adolescents.
After a couple of years in the care sector, Phil chose the more sedate lifestyle of a bookseller, and now works in children's publishing. Phil lives in south-east London with his wife and children, but Hull will always be home.

Identify Containing Books Being Billy
| Title | : | Being Billy |
| Author | : | Phil Earle |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 264 pages |
| Published | : | January 6th 2011 by Puffin |
| Categories | : | Young Adult. Contemporary. Fiction. European Literature. British Literature. Young Adult Contemporary. Social Issues. Psychology |
Rating Containing Books Being Billy
Ratings: 3.91 From 534 Users | 62 ReviewsCriticism Containing Books Being Billy
The cover on this is fresh and bright. Being Billy is a sensitive yet powerful book about a lad in care. He's a 'lifer' and has adapted to his environment. The story is told from Billy's point of view and has some stark insights into how children in care feel they have to act and behave. This has also been posted on my blog.From Chapter 1 readers get an immediate sense of anger, frustration and empathy for this troubled and misunderstood boy. He's had to act so tough just to find his place inLet's say 4.5 stars, because some parts were a bit Mwaaah. But overall this book was pretty good. Completely different from the things I usually read, but still interesting.We follow Billy Finn, a 14 year old boy who has been in care for the past 8 years. He ended up being a 'lifer' after his stephdad beat him up and his mother was drowned in booze. Together with the twins he has lived and ruled over their new home. But Billy has one problem: he's angry. Not just one-moment-angry, but lifetime
Rating: 4.5 StarsAlthough I am a fan of contemporary novels and recently read another novel set in the UK with a male protagonist (review here), Being Billy still managed to take me by surprise. I was expecting it to be confronting and gritty, it seems to be something the Brits excel at, but I was not expecting it to make me so angry or have a protagonist I didnt particularly like.I know that sounds harsh, but in my opinion, Billy wasnt meant to be instantly likeable or endearing. No, he was

I loved this one entirely. Being Billy by Phil Earle felt real and heartbreaking and I cried absolute buckets for Billy. I knew that this book would probably be sad but I wasn't expecting the shuddering, messy sobs that came out of me while reading this book. And it isn't as if any one major thing happened to make me feel so much, rather than absolutely everything put together makes this book so beautiful and sad and able to pull my heart out and squeeze it. A huge, huge thank you to Puffin for
After about the half the book I cried through all the rest.If you like books that get you down on the earth again and make you think about what you have rather than what you want, this is the right book.Billy has been in a children's home half his live. With 15 he's playing the mother - and father role for this twin siblings Louie and Lizzy. And he's angy, angry about the past, angry about people lying to him, about people thinking they know what's best for him and his siblings. He's suspicious
Being Billy is a book that I've been meaning to read for a long time now, it's come highly recommended by most of my favourite UKYA bloggers and now that I've finally read it I can completely understand why they all rave about it. It's incredibly impressive to think that this was Phil Earle's debut novel and I'm excited that I already have copies of his next three books because I can't wait to dive into them.Billy is an angry young man, something that isn't really surprising considering
Straight away I have to say I absolutely loved this story. Any book (that isnt of the romance genre) which involves you so much that you cry . has to have something special about it!Having worked in the past on the streets as leader-in-charge for a youth work project and for the past ten years working in schools, I can tell you for certain that Billys story is the real deal real life. The blurb gives you all the background you need and to which the story is built around. I found Billys story

Comments
Post a Comment