Download Rose and the Lost Princess (Rose #2) Books Online
Mention Books In Favor Of Rose and the Lost Princess (Rose #2)
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Rose #2 |
Holly Webb
Kindle Edition | Pages: 256 pages Rating: 4.01 | 1054 Users | 108 Reviews
Chronicle To Books Rose and the Lost Princess (Rose #2)
review posted at both Got Fiction? and KK's Books and ReviewsI know we rarely review YA or MG here at Got Fiction? but with my kids getting older, I don't really know what's appropriate for them to read. I've taken a couple chances lately, and found some great books! Rose and the Lost Princess was one of them.
My 9 year old daughter and I read this one together, so it's only fair that we review it together. In fact, she has a blog of her own, and this review is posted there now.
I'll go first. I loved the storyline. For someone who doesn't typically read YA, I found this book surprisingly good. Not only was Rose an easy character to relate to, but she was a great heroine. I had no problem imagining my younger self as Rose. In fact, if I had had this book as a child, I would have loved it, no doubt.
Rose has been taken from an orphanage in London to become a servant in a magician's house. She never once takes her position for granted and is incredibly happy to be earning her own way. She's maybe 10 or so, and in the first book, she uses her magic to save some children from a witch. So now the household staff are very wary of her. The public is starting to get a little nervous at the thought of magicians having so much power. It almost turns into full-scale riots at one point.
The national treasure is a princess, a 7 year old girl named Jane. After a botched kidnapping by magical means,Rose's master goes into a tizzy. He has to prove to the king, and to the people, that not all magicians are like the witch from book 1. At the same time he has to find out who tried to kidnap Princess Jane.
But of course, it's Rose who solves the mystery, while at the same time endangering her own life. She wants to help.
The writing was fabulous. It was easy enough for my third grader, but it was also challenging enough to keep her interest. Books that are "too easy" are "baby books" to her. From an adult standpoint, I never felt as if I were reading a children's book. The language and descriptions were flawless. I loved this book.
My daughter:
I loved Rose, but I loved her talking cat Gus more. He was funny and I have a cat who I wish could talk like Gus.
I also loved Rose's friend Freddie even though he was sometimes mean, and Bella was cool too.
The bad guy wasn't caught though and I want to know what happens to him. And I also want my mom to buy the first book so I can see how Rose defeated the bad witch.
The best part was when Rose figured out how to bring Jane back.
I think it ended too fast though. It felt like there should be more where the bad guy was caught and put in jail.
So there you have it, talking cat, magicians and princesses. What more could a nine year old want?
***ARC courtesy of Sourcebooks Jabberwocky Kids

Present Of Books Rose and the Lost Princess (Rose #2)
| Title | : | Rose and the Lost Princess (Rose #2) |
| Author | : | Holly Webb |
| Book Format | : | Kindle Edition |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 256 pages |
| Published | : | August 5th 2010 by Orchard (first published 2010) |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Childrens. Middle Grade. Magic. Historical. Historical Fiction. Mystery. Fiction |
Rating Of Books Rose and the Lost Princess (Rose #2)
Ratings: 4.01 From 1054 Users | 108 ReviewsCrit Of Books Rose and the Lost Princess (Rose #2)
Oh Rose, how I missed you! I've been a fan of Holly Webb's brilliant, young character since I first met her last year. She's quite the character. Rose is sweet, intelligent, and has a razor sharp wit. She's loyal, and what I love most of all is that she just wants to build a life for herself. While other girls Rose's age want to be pampered and spoiled, Rose just wants to be helpful. It's no surprise that I adore her character! In all honesty, she's tough not to love. The last book left offWhen I was approached to review this for the Rose and the Lost Princess blog tour, I was excited! I've always wanted to read one of Holly Webb's books since I was small and I was glad that the opportunity finally arose. This was a delightful novel that was so much fun to read. I went into this novel completely blind, as I hadn't read the first one yet, but I still had such a blast reading it!In the second installment in the Rose series, Rose is not just an orphan anymore. She is a servant...and
I found this book fascinating because I like the idea of a girl from an orphanage being magical and awesome. This was a great book to read.

i found it interesting i love this author.
When I was approached to review this for the Rose and the Lost Princess blog tour, I was excited! I've always wanted to read one of Holly Webb's books since I was small and I was glad that the opportunity finally arose. This was a delightful novel that was so much fun to read. I went into this novel completely blind, as I hadn't read the first one yet, but I still had such a blast reading it!In the second installment in the Rose series, Rose is not just an orphan anymore. She is a servant...and
Rose and the Lost Princess is the second book in a children's series by Holly Webb. The first book was Rose, and while I did not read the first book I feel like I was able to catch up and enjoy this book even while missing some of the back story. Rose cant believe how much her life has changed. She was a poor orphan, and has become a housemaid and apprentice to the Kings chief magician! But when a bizarre cold covers the country and the countrys beloved Princess vanishes, everything changes.
I was trying to give you some sense of the myriad intricacies of the universe get you to appreciate the beauty and wonder of your heritage. He turned around and stabbed a finger at Rose. And instead it all comes down to this, showing you how to throw things. The Rose books really are such a comfort read. Theyre so charming and so quintessentially British in that Harry-Potter-meets-Downton-Abbey way, that reading one is the literary equivalent of a warm hug. Even before rereading, I

Comments
Post a Comment