Free The Best of Times Download Books

Point Books During The Best of Times

Original Title: The Best of Times
ISBN: 0755320875 (ISBN13: 9780755320875)
Edition Language: English
Free The Best of Times  Download Books
The Best of Times Hardcover | Pages: 768 pages
Rating: 3.74 | 3920 Users | 410 Reviews

Description In Pursuance Of Books The Best of Times

I have mixed feelings about this one. I decided to read this along with a couple other books over the long holiday weekend. I'm glad I had other things to read. I quite loved the first half & thought the author did a great job with most of the characters & also the accident we are shown in the opening of the book. And then the second half happened. Or didn't so much and just meandered along until I have to honestly admit, I was skimming for resolutions for my favorite characters. I'm positive that's not a good sign & that's not how I like to get through my books. On the upside, I was compelled to at least get to the end to see how my favorites fared but that's not enough for me to give this one more than a middling star grade. Another thing that diminished my enjoyment was that I had the BBC series "Collision" (Masterpiece Contemporary in the US) running alongside in my mind. That's not the author's fault but they were so similar, I couldn't help the meld. I have other Penny Vincenzi books on my bookshelf & will gladly give them a read but this one is unfortunately no going to be a favorite.

Identify Containing Books The Best of Times

Title:The Best of Times
Author:Penny Vincenzi
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 768 pages
Published:May 14th 2009 by Headline Review (first published 2009)
Categories:Romance. Contemporary

Rating Containing Books The Best of Times
Ratings: 3.74 From 3920 Users | 410 Reviews

Write Up Containing Books The Best of Times
Such a huge book (751 pages) and so heavy to hold (yeah, poor baby), but what an enjoyable read! I've never read Penny Vincenzi but have often heard her books are very good. Vincenzi's writing style reminds me of Maeve Binchy, whose writing I have quite enjoyed. The only negative would be that this one started to drag towards the end, which almost made me reduce to 3 stars. The author was tying up the loose ends of each character, but it did seem to go on and on, and I have to admit, got a tad

I loved this so much that my hand accidentally slipped and I ordered eight more of her books.

I had high hopes for this one, but somewhere around the middle it failed miserably. It's the story of people involved in a car accident and how it affects their lives. Interesting at the beginning and then bloody awful, darling. (I have to say that, because the book takes place outside London.) At about the halfway point (of this more than 500 page thing!) every single character became unlikeable. Seriously. I get that the author wants to show that we are all flawed people, but we aren't all

Really good book, for what it is. :) This is pure commercial fiction with tons of characters, whiz bang action, multiple happy endings and lots of angst and confrontations throughout. I have enjoyed Vincenzi's historical novels, and since she passed away I've been thinking I should read something else of hers as a 'send off'. This was a pleasant choice. Vincenzi is a solid writer, able to give her readers word pictures and just-believable situations that keep the plot moving along. Nothing deep,

I have very mixed feelings about this book; hence the three stars. The book opens with a major traffic accident that blocks the freeway (Sorry: motorway. It takes place in London.) Then comes a section called "Before". I spent my time reading this section very nervous about what would happen. So it was hard to enjoy it.The section that took place during the accident was very exciting and fun to read.But then the story went kind of down hill from there. I felt like the author didn't know when the

At page 570 or something now. It just keeps going on and on and on. When will it end?!-----------I quit a few chapters later. There was nothing after the hearing to keep the reader motivated.

I was in the middle of Penny Vincenzis THE BEST OF TIMES (Headline, 2009) when my hubby phoned to say that...http://sleaze-factor.blogspot.ca/2017...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Download The Improbability of Love Books For Free