Free Books Online Veronica Download

Particularize Books To Veronica

Original Title: Veronica
ISBN: 0380806576 (ISBN13: 9780380806577)
Edition Language: English
Free Books Online Veronica  Download
Veronica Paperback | Pages: 336 pages
Rating: 3.8 | 836 Users | 91 Reviews

Details Out Of Books Veronica

Title:Veronica
Author:Nicholas Christopher
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 336 pages
Published:January 5th 2000 by HarpPeren (first published January 1st 1996)
Categories:Fiction. Fantasy. Magical Realism. New York. Urban Fantasy

Representaion In Favor Of Books Veronica

On a snowy night in February--at the improbable corner in lower Manhattan where Waverly Place intersects itself--a photographer named Leo meets Veronica, the beautiful, enigmatic daughter of an illusionist who has been swallowed up in time. Veronica is looking for an appetite, a savior. And she is soon leading Leo into a dangerous labyrinth of delights that winds beneath and beyond a luminously transformed city of underground streams, dragonpoints, and mystically altered time. At the frozen apex of an extraordinary winter, Veronica has enticed Leo into a wonderful, terrible world...and away from his ordinary life forever.



Rating Out Of Books Veronica
Ratings: 3.8 From 836 Users | 91 Reviews

Weigh Up Out Of Books Veronica
AUTHOR Christopher, NicholasTITLE VeronicaDATE READ 01/03/19 RATING 4/BFIRST SENTENCE In Lower Manhattan there is an improbable point where Waverly Place intersects Waverly Place.GENRE/ PUB DATE/PUBLISHER / # OF Fiction/1996/Dial Press/304 pgs SERIES/STAND-ALONE SACHALLENGE Good Reads 2020 Reading Goal 3/120;Random Travel to 9 Countries (Columbia, Guatemala, Japan, Cape Verde, Sierra Leone, Kiribati, Kuwait, Eritrea, Lesotho)3 Nature/Adventure Books3 Self-Help/Inspirational Books3 Edgar Winner

I read it first when first released and absolutely adored it. 20 years later, I reread it and noted all the problems - those of a poet writing his first novel. Too wordy, too much description, really takes the "show, don't tell" thing to the other extreme. Anyway, the story is generally fun, it seems decently researched, but I won't reread it again.

What an amazing imagination Nicholas Christopher has.I first read a story of his in the collection of stories inspired by the paintings of Edward Hopper - called "In Sunlight or in Shadow". I was so blown away by that story I sought out some of his other fiction. I was certainly not disappointed.Veronica is quite simply a triumph of the imagination. It is full of magic and the impossible all woven together in a story that sounds quite plausible if you are only willing to believe in everyday

I picked up a used copy of Veronica based solely on the praise found on its cover, knowing nothing about the novel or the author. I was pleasantly surprised by the book, and can honestly say that it was like nothing I've ever read before. I do read a bit of fantasy, but Veronica is different in that the plot is grounded very firmly in New York City. It's what happens in the city to Leo, an innocent bystander who gets caught up in a whirlwind of magic and time-travel, that's the fantastic part.

This book came into my life at a fairly chaotic, emotionally tumultuous and generally difficult time, and for many years I wondered if that was why it became so important to me, but the truth is that I have read it several times since then and it is still the magical, insightful, exciting experience that it ever was, pretty much regardless of what is going on in my life at the time.I don't want to say too much about the story or the characters - I think that I could easily colour a new reader's

This book is a lot like most things in life, a giant fucking disappointment. It's been years since I read it. When I first met Karen, even more years ago, she gave me a copy of Trip to the Stars (by the same author) to read. Trip to the Stars is one of those books that is magical and pretty near perfect. It's an amazing wondrous book.It's the kind of book that makes you want to go out and read everything else an author has written, just so you can try to capture even some of that feeling again.

Beautifully written, dreamy storyline promising a mix of time travel, magic and the mystics of far-east. It was like a long, very long dream with unusual series of events & characters.I kept reading it through the end without being able to put it away...Highly recommended to those who are fond of fantasy books and I suppose people who like "The Anubis Gates" will loooove this book.(or vice versa)Its such a shame that this book is not a best seller! It definitely should be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog