Free The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green Download Books
The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green 
You guys, this book is sick. John Green recommended this on his (and his bro's) YT channel. I knew from that moment that this must be good and good it was! It was sad and funny and disturbing and annoying and-- ugh, it just gave me all the feels! It was so well-written that I couldn't get enough of it. You know you're reading a good book when you feel a connection with the characters. This is one of those books that i wish would never end. I literally hugged the book for thirty minutes or so
These are the first person irreverent, scatological, and mostly erotic thoughts of 11 and then 13 year old Jacob Green as he works his way through Hebrew school training for Bar Mitzvah. As a dyslexic student trying to survive his autocratic, demanding father he makes do with the help of his equally irrepressible older brother Asher. The jokes makes the reader chuckle and occasionally laugh out loud but dont quite make up for the darkness of his fathers horrendous treatment of Jacob.

This is a wonderful book and I really think more people need to read it. It's written very well, and you get to go through this boys life as he's growing up. And you see all his difficulties dealing with his family and religion. If you like books like "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" you'll probably like this book.
Braffs debut novel is a Hebrew coming of age story about Jacob, a young boy unable to tell his overbearing father that he does not want to sing in the synagogue. Jacob cant stop thinking humiliating thoughts about the people in his life. Whether it is his father embarrassed by his sons grades, feeling inadequate to his rebellious older brother, or the cute young nurse working for room and board in his home, he struggles to not become a constant disappointment to his everyone. As his fathers
This book had tons of potential. The premise was smart, unique, and witty. Unfortunately, I found that the characters were vastly underdeveloped. The only time I truly felt the feelings of Jacob was when he was being compared with his father. For so much build up, this story had little resolution and leaves the reader with far more questions than with answers.
Joshua Braff
Paperback | Pages: 259 pages Rating: 3.52 | 2147 Users | 241 Reviews

Mention Epithetical Books The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green
| Title | : | The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green |
| Author | : | Joshua Braff |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 259 pages |
| Published | : | September 27th 2005 by Plume (first published 2004) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Young Adult. Humor. Coming Of Age. Literature. Jewish |
Chronicle As Books The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green
Jacob Green doesn’t mean to disappoint his father, but he can’t help thinking the most unthinkable (and very funny) thoughts about public-school humiliation, Hebrew-school disinclination, and in-home sex education (with the live-in nanny!). If only his mother hadn’t started college at thirty-six (and fallen for her psychology professor). If only he were more like his rebellious older brother (suspended from Hebrew school for drawing the rabbi in a threesome with a lobster and a pig). If only Jacob could confront his overbearing father and tell him he doesn’t want to sing in synagogue, attend est classes, write the perfect thank-you note, or even live in the same house with Abram Green. But, of course, he can’t. That would be unthinkable.Present Books During The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green
| Original Title: | The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green: A Novel |
| ISBN: | 0452286700 (ISBN13: 9780452286702) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Rating Epithetical Books The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green
Ratings: 3.52 From 2147 Users | 241 ReviewsCommentary Epithetical Books The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green
I'll admit, initially I was only interested in this because I love Zach Braff and assumed his brother would have a similar sense of humor. This was gritty and hilarious. I enjoyed it as a quick, day read. I love laughing at others' embarrassing, cringe, awkward moments and this had plenty of that. There are very sad, touching moments that contrast with the humor throughout the book. At its root, it is a coming-of-age story that I think most people can relate to and find comfort in.You guys, this book is sick. John Green recommended this on his (and his bro's) YT channel. I knew from that moment that this must be good and good it was! It was sad and funny and disturbing and annoying and-- ugh, it just gave me all the feels! It was so well-written that I couldn't get enough of it. You know you're reading a good book when you feel a connection with the characters. This is one of those books that i wish would never end. I literally hugged the book for thirty minutes or so
These are the first person irreverent, scatological, and mostly erotic thoughts of 11 and then 13 year old Jacob Green as he works his way through Hebrew school training for Bar Mitzvah. As a dyslexic student trying to survive his autocratic, demanding father he makes do with the help of his equally irrepressible older brother Asher. The jokes makes the reader chuckle and occasionally laugh out loud but dont quite make up for the darkness of his fathers horrendous treatment of Jacob.

This is a wonderful book and I really think more people need to read it. It's written very well, and you get to go through this boys life as he's growing up. And you see all his difficulties dealing with his family and religion. If you like books like "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" you'll probably like this book.
Braffs debut novel is a Hebrew coming of age story about Jacob, a young boy unable to tell his overbearing father that he does not want to sing in the synagogue. Jacob cant stop thinking humiliating thoughts about the people in his life. Whether it is his father embarrassed by his sons grades, feeling inadequate to his rebellious older brother, or the cute young nurse working for room and board in his home, he struggles to not become a constant disappointment to his everyone. As his fathers
This book had tons of potential. The premise was smart, unique, and witty. Unfortunately, I found that the characters were vastly underdeveloped. The only time I truly felt the feelings of Jacob was when he was being compared with his father. For so much build up, this story had little resolution and leaves the reader with far more questions than with answers.

Comments
Post a Comment